Reaction score
Country flag
Let the chips hit the floor

Ported,why for (why for)
Can't Grind much more
Here we go here we go here we go, now...

Just was listening to Drowning Pool!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is great! This size does not favor my favorite brand, but if someone has the balls to to do one, it will be interesting!

I've been told too many times my saws can not compete with another brand at the GTG's. but they do just fine. That said, I also have a lot of respect for saws other brands, so don't get me wrong.

If your saw meets your needs, it is a great saw, there is not just ONE!

Let the competition begin, I like this!

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
1:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, I was talking to my buddy @David Young one day. We got to reminiscing about when we were members of a different forum a long time ago. We were involved in a build-off. The saws were MS460 Stihls. We had fun and learned a lot.

I said something like "let's build each other saws for Christmas". He told me that sounded fun, and that he would be honored...to own and run a saw I built, and to build a saw for me.

We kept talking and the idea morphed into doing an invite only saw exchange where one guy invites another...and that guy invites another that they vouch for...and so on. We would all document our builds on OPEFORUM to help grow this forum, and exchange saws at Christmas. Everyone learns, everyone has fun, everyone wins.

So I pitched the idea to Randy and the site owner. Together we hashed out some rules and details, and the idea took shape and came to fruition.

So what's going on? 12 guys are building saws - The 12 Saws of Christmas. They are:

Awol
David Young
Deets066
drf255
Four Paws
jmssaws
Mastermind
mdavlee
Miller Mod Saws
Red97
Stihlbro
wigglesworth

They are following these rules:
  • You agree to provide a 60cc class pro saw for the exchange. Saw must be serviceable and displacement can be +/-5cc to encompass many of the popular pro models.
  • You agree to provide all repair and performance parts necessary to build the saw.
  • You agree to port the saw for use in the woods. Your saw must be reliable and capable of firewooding or falling timber, however there is no limit to your modifications. If parts from other models are used, they must be documented.
  • You agree to document your work in a detailed build thread on OPEFORUM and OPEFORUM only.
  • You agree to exchange your saw for a saw built by another individual at the culmination of the event. This will be conducted randomly through a drawing. No unsportsmanlike conduct permitted.
  • You agree to pay for insured shipping of your saw to it’s final destination. If outside of lower 48 states, recipient to cover charges in excess of $35 USD.

This sub-forum is an organized repository for us to document our builds. Anyone is welcome to like posts and reply to existing threads. Thread creation is restricted to the builders and site administration.

I am thankful for this opportunity and for this online community of absolutely first rate people.

Let the building begin!
I heard some of these guys can't read, how they gonna faller de rules.[emoji23]

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I am confused, is someone sending me a chainsaw:campeon2:

On the twelfth day of Christmas
Some saw guy sent to me:
Twelve sprockets slipping