Ups claims

skippy

Husqvarnas Sawyer
Local time
3:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys has anyone ever dealt with ups on a claim for damaged goods during the shipping ? Either side shipper or receiving .

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I shipped a few bars about a year back and the biz showed up with no bars...

I filed a claim and ended up with a credit on my account minus a service charge which I believe was 10%.

(So take that into consideration when you declare the value.)
Also when you need to declare a value, (wether right or wrong). I'd add on the cost what it costed you to originally ship it.

I had the recipient send me a few pictures of the box and that was all UPS needed.

In the end it took about 4 weeks to finally settle everything. All in all it was pretty simple .

skippy

Husqvarnas Sawyer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I shipped a few bars about a year back and the biz showed up with no bars...

I filed a claim and ended up with a credit on my account minus a service charge which I believe was 10%.

(So take that into consideration when you declare the value.)
Also when you need to declare a value, (wether right or wrong). I'd add on the cost what it costed you to originally ship it.

I had the recipient send me a few pictures of the box and that was all UPS needed.

In the end it took about 4 weeks to finally settle everything. All in all it was pretty simple .
I hope it's that easy

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it's a bit of a crap shoot, depends on the attitude of the person who is "solving" the problem. I've heard some issues where UPS tried to say item wasn't packaged according to their specifications, have also heard of smooth sailing with damaged shipments. Good luck.

skippy

Husqvarnas Sawyer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hopefully it's smooth sailing if not I will buy the saw back its my reputation as a good seller and all. Not to mention its the right thing to do if it needs to be done .

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pictures never hurt. Of inside as well as outside of package. Let them know you packed it well, like you always do, so damaged in shipment should be on them. Then threaten to burn their offices down. Okay, that last recommendation might be going too far.

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've had good results on 3 occasions. Never a neg. I pack saws so you can literally roll them down a flight of steps and come out unharmed.

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still think you should consider leading with a good threat. Just to set the tone. :D

ship.jpg

skippy

Husqvarnas Sawyer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for all the input .I will post updates for you guys.