Trees you've cut

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You said that a long time ago, so you just better keep in shape, cause it seems that you just can't stop! It probably helps keep you going!
Well, what I did is "retire" from climbing. ie, I don't bid jobs anymore if they can't be done from the ground. However, this extensive job is on one of my rental properties and I just don't want to pay someone else to do what I know how to do. The other thing is that since it's my property, I can take as long as I want and If I only get one tree a day done, not the problem it would be at a customer's house where they want you in and out and cleaned up. It was nearly two years without climbing at all... The tree I was in, I had topped and blocked down part of it about a month ago and was just getting back to finishing up the last 35' and blocking it down. Got a fire going now getting rid of all the pine wood/brush/needles.

Last edited:

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's gotta be worth some badass points. How did you get started climbing ? My uncle used to. I have spikes. I'm not goin up there
How did I get started climbing? I decided it was something I wanted to do, picked up some used gear and went at it. I've been cutting trees for decades but have only climbed for the last 7 or 8 years maybe. My boys and I started a tree service business when they were in high school. I told them anyone could mow grass, they should do something with less competition. They were hard workers but soon went off to college and that put the kabosh on things for the most part. They have military commitments for years as they graduated from Academies, so it's just Groundi and I and we do what jobs we can. I have a 12' dump trailer, an Altec 12" drum chipper, a Bobcat with grapple, lots of ropes, chains, pulleys, etc. So we still do a limited number of jobs. Oh, I may also have a few chainsaws...lol.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
7:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How did I get started climbing? I decided it was something I wanted to do, picked up some used gear and went at it. I've been cutting trees for decades but have only climbed for the last 7 or 8 years maybe. My boys and I started a tree service business when they were in high school. I told them anyone could mow grass, they should do something with less competition. They were hard workers but soon went off to college and that put the kabosh on things for the most part. They have military commitments for years as they graduated from Academies, so it's just Groundi and I and we do what jobs we can. I have a 12' dump trailer, an Altec 12" drum chipper, a Bobcat with grapple, lots of ropes, chains, pulleys, etc. So we still do a limited number of jobs. Oh, I may also have a few chainsaws...lol.

Congrats on the boys graduating from one of the Academies. Very impressive indeed.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
fd9ef56c31b651f043aa7411f7320299.jpg