Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
7:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well , I,m glad this has come up. Cos on a UK arb forum this was posted

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/improving-air-quality-reducing-emissions-from-machinery

I had a read throu it, it made me laugh and choke at the same time, wtf a few lawnmowers and chainsaws, chippers gonna make and then all the rest, ooerr farmers road fixers etc. But atm it just looks like new stuff, till they say ban on older models as it now not compliant,

But as as before, who’s gonna police the home owner, it’s the larger boys/companies, which charge the homeowners

traffic903

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just had a quick read through the linked EPA document. It is clear they did a very good job of closing "holes". It is also clear that there is no way they would be going after your average homeowner or feller for modifying a saw. That is not to say there is no offence, because it is clearly stated that there is. That piece of legislation has been designed to apply to manufacturers. The bad news is that you guys selling new ported saws would almost certainly qualify as a manufacturer. Ok so having gotten that out of the way, would you be targeted by the EPA? Possible - yes. Likely - no. The cost of a Federal Case, if anything like Australia, is exorbitant. The chance of ever recovering those costs from you as a manufacturer would be slim to none. The only reason I could see to prosecute an individual, would be to send a message to others. This is also unlikely in my opinion.

Of course I could be completely wrong and you guys could all be making millions from selling new ported saws, and are now just "one saw" from facing the wrath of the EPA! :nut: