High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Threebond Sealants - Never Ending Frustration!

Vintage Engine Repairs

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Threebond sealants are great for saw builds, but their caps ALWAYS split on me after a few times of unscrewing and screwing them on, then the sealant dries up in the tube. Out here in Australia a tube is 38 dollars, so I want to save every drop! This time I decided to make my own cap and fine tip nozzle lol.IMG_6730.jpeg

IMG_6732.jpeg

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
5:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Threebond sealants are great for saw builds, but their caps ALWAYS split on me after a few times of unscrewing and screwing them on, then the sealant dries up in the tube. Out here in Australia a tube is 38 dollars, so I want to save every drop! This time I decided to make my own cap and fine tip nozzle lol.View attachment 415732

View attachment 415731
You’re on to something here. Could be a $$ venture for you if this catches on.

Vintage Engine Repairs

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a tube of yamabond. Got tired of constantly having to clean out the cap. Went back to Motoseal
Nice, I love motoseal for that reason but it’s not good at gap filling. Great for base gasket deletes but I have had more failures than success with clamshells using it.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
6:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice, I love motoseal for that reason but it’s not good at gap filling. Great for base gasket deletes but I have had more failures than success with clamshells using it.
I guess I’m just lucky. I have done 15–20 clam shells with it and never had any of them fail

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
3:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a slick-looking cap Tom - I've never had those issues with Threebond type sealants but I've definitely had
those issues with Shoe-Goo and Plumber's Goop which I use to help affix the plastic Stihl model plates on newer
saws when wallow out the tag holes from vibration (usually on the cylinder covers). The Goop products seem to
split the plastic cap every time, probably due to the solvents they contain.

Vintage Engine Repairs

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a slick-looking cap Tom - I've never had those issues with Threebond type sealants but I've definitely had
those issues with Shoe-Goo and Plumber's Goop which I use to help affix the plastic Stihl model plates on newer
saws when wallow out the tag holes from vibration (usually on the cylinder covers). The Goop products seem to
split the plastic cap every time, probably due to the solvents they contain.
Thanks mate, yeah I think you’re right it’s probably solvents reacting with the plastic!

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Threebond sealants are great for saw builds, but their caps ALWAYS split on me after a few times of unscrewing and screwing them on, then the sealant dries up in the tube. Out here in Australia a tube is 38 dollars, so I want to save every drop! This time I decided to make my own cap and fine tip nozzle lol.View attachment 415732

View attachment 415731
Slick trick! It is an issue, it surely is.
You could probably have a full time job making and selling these if you wanted. ;)

Vintage Engine Repairs

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just while I’m here on the topic, I use to always put grease on the sealer and cap to stop it setting. It’s so darn messy. Randomly I thought of putting some inner tube in the cap and it’s been perfect. No drying up of the sealant and no messy grease to have to deal with each time :

IMG_7059.jpeg