The Music Video Thread

WCfirewoodguy

OPE Member
Local time
11:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's not even a "real" banjo! Lol... Plus they are copycating my buddies in the band Hayseed Dixie! (Don Wayne and Dale Reno, went to banjo workshops with those 2 back in the 1990's) Good video, just joking around... Everyone I know plays old Gibson banjos!

WCfirewoodguy

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's not even a "real" banjo! Lol... Plus they are copycating my buddies in the band Hayseed Dixie! (Don Wayne and Dale Reno, went to banjo workshops with those 2 back in the 1990's) Good video, just joking around... Everyone I know plays old Gibson banjos!
You know what? I have been looking more at that banjo, and it's a Recording king prewar gibson I think, not positve... My bad.

WCfirewoodguy

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay here's the "real deal" kind of old but the banjo player and mandolin player are famous bluegrass musicians! And that's kind of a funky old gibson banjo, and Dale on the Mandolin has always been a bit of an entertainer! (This is same song I posted earlier but I found this version without any offensive clothing) It's all about the music to me, this was pretty cool when it first came out about 15 years ago now. Think it's in the UK somewhere...

Last edited:

WCfirewoodguy

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's the same 2 guys with thier older brother Ronnie Reno, he played with the Osborne Brothers, Reno and Smiley, Merle Haggard, and still has his own TV show I'm pretty sure. RFD tv? Everyone have a great Sunday, be safe.

WCfirewoodguy

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One more for old times sake! Here's Ronnie Reno with his father Don Reno, a long, long time ago. Before they had Chain Brakes...

WCfirewoodguy

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ooops! Ronnie was too young to be in that video... Here he is, he's on the Mandolin. (Dolly Parton is dancing at the very end of the video!)

And there\'s Porter Wagoner as well!

Last edited:

WCfirewoodguy

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess my cover is blown now, I really am just a weekend woodcutter! I love this site though, you guys are a real hoot! A lot of really good chainsaw advice, parts advice, and fun times! That's me on the banjo there with one of my buddies on the guitar... No video though... 1927 Gibson Banjo, really a nice one there. I just had it worked on and this is April 2022 I'm pretty sure. Y'all take care!

Attachments

• FoggyMtn.jpg
    FoggyMtn.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 1