The last of the 026?

cease232

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Good eye. I don't know why. I have two metal tag 026's where the recoil tag is not riveted. I'm pretty sure they're original but cant guarantee it as I bought them used. This one is so lightly used I have a hard time believing the previous owner would've replaced it. It's practically in new condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good eye. I don't know why. I have two metal tag 026's where the recoil tag is not riveted. I'm pretty sure they're original but cant guarantee it as I bought them used. This one is so lightly used I have a hard time believing the previous owner would've replaced it. It's practically in new condition.

Now days it's hard to tell ? I'm no expert but I've seen new old stock "made in west Germany" recoils that would look great on those brick red covers (digging those).
IMG_2878.PNG
This is from 024 I had ?

cease232

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm for anything stihl that says made in west Germany on it. I saw one on eBay but even though it's new old stock the tag was all scrapped up.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dont think my metal tag 026 has a riveted starter plate either.
My MOFO 026 with WC cover.
2fcd888a98e325553e87716e4d2fd896.jpg

Trevj1

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
What did they put on the Pro version that they didn't include in the regular 026?

I bought my 026 in 2000 or 2001, IIRC, and heated my house full time with the wood it cut, with only a couple years break while I didn't have a stove I used a lot, for up until last year. Then I was given an MS461!

Sure nice to switch back to the light saw, after slinging the 461 around. Sure nice to have the 461 for cutting bigger wood, too!

I bought mine with an Alberta Energy rebate Cheque, and traded some powerheads I was given, (08S/cutoff saw style) so it only cost me a couple bucks out of pocket. A couple new chains every year, and a new bar now and again...Been good to me!

Cheers
Trev

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What did they put on the Pro version that they didn't include in the regular 026?

I bought my 026 in 2000 or 2001, IIRC, and heated my house full time with the wood it cut, with only a couple years break while I didn't have a stove I used a lot, for up until last year. Then I was given an MS461!

Sure nice to switch back to the light saw, after slinging the 461 around. Sure nice to have the 461 for cutting bigger wood, too!

I bought mine with an Alberta Energy rebate Cheque, and traded some powerheads I was given, (08S/cutoff saw style) so it only cost me a couple bucks out of pocket. A couple new chains every year, and a new bar now and again...Been good to me!

Cheers
Trev
Adjustable oiler, decomp and a sticker!

Trevj1

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Adjustable oiler, decomp and a sticker!

Well, I guess I can live without the sticker and the decomp, but I gotta check under mine for the oiler to tell ya one way or other. Little late t' be beefin' iffn I ain't got one, though! :) It's not like to ever get switched over to a 30+ inch bar, anyways!

I'm sure we can come up with a joke about how them Pro's needed decomp on a 026, too! Soooo hard to start otherwise! :)

Cheers
Trev

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I guess I can live without the sticker and the decomp, but I gotta check under mine for the oiler to tell ya one way or other. Little late t' be beefin' iffn I ain't got one, though! :) It's not like to ever get switched over to a 30+ inch bar, anyways!

I'm sure we can come up with a joke about how them Pro's needed decomp on a 026, too! Soooo hard to start otherwise! :)

Cheers
Trev
Right I never understood that! The adjustable oiler also only oils when the chain is moving. That's what I remember at least. All mine are non pros!

cease232

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sold the one pro I had. Never looked back.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had been on the prowl for an 026 to soup and run in the 50 cc class .Never found one but did come home with an 024 for 50 bucks from a dealers dead pile that wasn't dead .It turned out to be a dandy little saw but it's not an 026 .
I've seen those 026's really tweeked and the will fly if it's done right .