Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What are you guys cooking for your Thanksgiving feast? Old family recipes? Maybe a new take on an old favorite?

We take a lot of pride in our Thanksgiving dinner. We don't put out the good china....hell, we don't have any. But we go all out on the food.

This year I'll be brining the turkey in a solution of salt, sugar, quartered lemons, garlic, basil, bay leaves, etc. Then it goes in a roasting pan stuffed with apples, lemons, garlic, well, you get the idea. We cook the turkey with the breast down to help keep it moist.

I also make a cranberry apple sauce from scratch.

My daughter always makes a broccoli casserole from a recipe my mom gave her.

Glenda makes a bunch of different pies....and banana pudding.

I could go on.....but I wanna hear about the feast you fellas are planning.

AKJonsereds

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am no cook, but am getting in on three feasts this year. We did a pre thanksgiving with my best friend because he has to work Thursday.

Smoked turkey, green bean casserole, dressing (stuffing), potatoes, salad, sourdough bread, couple of pies ect. My buddy’s hobby is cooking so it was great.

Then we hit my family’s for lunch Thursday. Wife’s family for dinner. Biggest difference there is the different sweet potatoes. My family does them with marshmallows on top and the wife’s does them with this brown sugar crust and mash them.

Some years one group will do a ham or something. It is more of a marathon for us

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dry aged Rib roast cooked Med Rare with a RosemaryHorseradish crust.
Brussels sprouts sautéed with leeks, pecans and bacon.
Bite size spinach pies made with garlic and cream cheese in a puff pastry crust.
Candied yams with brown sugar and butter (because I like them)
Dressing made with Andouille sausage
Mashed Potatos with heavy cream, sour cream, butter, roasted garlic and chives.
Homemade hard rolls.
Warm Cranberry compote
Punkin pie
We'll start preparations tomorrow.
Having 13 for the meal.
Dinner will be served on our best Chinette paper plates
The kids will go home with the leftovers.

Doing a second meal on Sat with friends.
I'm going to smoke baby back ribs and a pot of baked beans.
Will also have potato salad some other stuff and a butt load of booze.

Last edited:

MarkEagleUSA

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll be frying the bird while the Mrs gets everything else ready... mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn casserole, green bean casserole. Her mom is making an old family recipe stuffing. My mom is making some pies. There will be 9 of us for dinner.

Lcfd1124

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We are going a different route this year, low country boil. Shrimp, sausages, potatoes, corn and crab legs. My daughters decided on this meal, I'm a sucker for shrimp so no arguing on this. Getting fresh shrimp from shem creek in charleston today.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We are going a different route this year, low country boil. Shrimp, sausages, potatoes, corn and crab legs. My daughters decided on this meal, I'm a sucker for shrimp so no arguing on this. Getting fresh shrimp from shem creek in charleston today.

I'd be ok with that.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Groceries, groceries, and more groceries...

Three smoked Boston butts, two deep-fried turkey birds, one big ham. No sense in listing the ten plus sides and all the pies, cakes, etc that'll be there...everything pretty much mentioned above. Going back to the traditional thing this year. We've had fish fries with low country boils as well, on many o' Thanksgiving over the last 15-20 years or so just to break up the monotony of the usual. Nothing like cranking up four/five fish fryers and LouAna peanut oil for bass, crappie, bream, catfish with hush puppies, homemade fries, homemade coleslaw, and Velveeta cheese grits. We'll be back to the fish fry thang next year.

There'll be about 25 folks at this shindig this year.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
12:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Groceries, groceries, and more groceries...

Three smoked Boston butts, two deep-fried turkey birds, one big ham. No sense in listing the ten plus sides and all the pies, cakes, etc that'll be there...everything pretty much mentioned above. Going back to the traditional thing this year. We've had fish fries with low country boils as well, on many o' Thanksgiving over the last 15-20 years or so just to break up the monotony of the usual. Nothing like cranking up four/five fish fryers and LouAna peanut oil for bass, crappie, bream, catfish with hush puppies, homemade fries, homemade coleslaw, and Velveeta cheese grits. We'll be back to the fish fry thang next year.

There'll be about 25 folks at this shindig this year.
Your meal sounds pretty good, what’ll the other 25 folks be eating?

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20211113_181953.jpg
I'm making Vinegar and mustard BBQ sauced chicken for Thanksgiving.

My niece served a undercooked ham last year
The outside was burned inside chewable for thanksgiving
With 5000 cloves stabbed into it.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

lohan808

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1 smoked and 1 fried turkey. Casseroles of every kind. Homemade stuffing , homemade cranberry sauce with a bourbon reduction( my favorite) , mash taters. Oh my 3 pies of yam, pumpkin, and fresh pecan. Gonna need a wheelbarrow to get my keester to the car. Happy Thanksgiving to all, we earned it this year.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1 smoked and 1 fried turkey. Casseroles of every kind. Homemade stuffing , homemade cranberry sauce with a bourbon reduction( my favorite) , mash taters. Oh my 3 pies of yam, pumpkin, and fresh pecan. Gonna need a wheelbarrow to get my keester to the car. Happy Thanksgiving to all, we earned it this year.
Earn it we did. Some of us are dragging ass and limping but we’re almost to the finish line