Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup, not loaded and popping
When I first ran it and heard it I didn't know what it doing. But it is the only ported saw I have and only m tronic saw I have so I didn't know what was up. I just figured it would be ok. If not the worst that could happen was grenade.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm going to either swap the Euro coil and WJ69 back into it, or run it with the 4701 coil until it breaks in

I'll decide what to do next after I see the piston wash to be sure that my transferrs are feeding good.

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm going to either swap the Euro coil and WJ69 back into it, or run it with the 4701 coil until it breaks in

I'll decide what to do next after I see the piston wash to be sure that my transferrs are feeding good.
I've always ran 660s and thought that took like 20 or 30 tanks of fuel till they came alive. The 661s seem to take at most half that many tanks.

awol

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
If it were just four stroking, then bumping the timing would not make any difference. I have been able to make every saw pop popcorn like this, just by advancing the timing. I have noticed, as others also, that it is worse when cold, and sometimes goes away after warmup.

Last edited:

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good points Alan, except that your video shows popping when loaded. This only happens when unloaded or when under a light load.

Also, if advancing or retarding the timing results in more power, it'll 4 stroke easier, and pop more when unloaded or lightly loaded.

It doesn't buck, like it did with too much advance, it just doesn't sound right

awol

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Actually that 562 does it the worst when under no load; cell phone video is poor.:(

So yours is doing it even with stock timing? I've had this 661 up to 15degrees advanced before it starts misbehaving. Also, when popping it doesn't have as much power, we may be chasing two different trails!

Oh, and this one does buck a little when popping real bad.

Last edited: