Talk to me about PA

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Belleville should work well for him I'm thinking.
7ca9e0726c476f3b7727cb3d2bd4b6a7.jpg

That's definitely a nice area! My Aunt had a farm in the Mill Creek area.

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I live in a valley just north of Altoona off of I-99, I've lived here alost all my life, born and raised.

Spent a few years living north of Gettysburg (Dillsburg) during the week for a job I once had, but ended up marrying a gal I went to school with and came back home. Other than the idiots running our state, it's a great place to live here in central PA. I live in a great small community, great school district, great family values, plenty of mountains and wildlife, but not urban at all. Cost of living is fairly cheap (other than the highest gasoline taxes in the country), I'll probably die here.

If I didn't have all my family here, I'd move to northern NH in a heartbeat. I fell in love with the White Mountains and would love to spend the rest of my days in them....

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I live in a valley just north of Altoona off of I-99, I've lived here alost all my life, born and raised.

Spent a few years living north of Gettysburg (Dillsburg) during the week for a job I once had, but ended up marrying a gal I went to school with and came back home. Other than the idiots running our state, it's a great place to live here in central PA. I live in a great small community, great school district, great family values, plenty of mountains and wildlife, but not urban at all. Cost of living is fairly cheap (other than the highest gasoline taxes in the country), I'll probably die here.

If I didn't have all my family here, I'd move to northern NH in a heartbeat. I fell in love with the White Mountains and would love to spend the rest of my days in them....

My in-laws had a gorgeous place in Center Ossippee, NH. If they hadn’t sold it a couple years ago we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Looking forward to getting back to mountains/foothills and some winter.

Two Trax

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I live in a small town about 22 miles out of Wilkes Barre called Sweet Valley. Not far from I-81, I-80 and I-84. Quiet for the most part and pretty rural. There is a VA hospital in Wilkes Barre. I like it here. Cost of living is less than the Pocono area. I can recommend a local realtor if you wanted some options to look at.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I live in a small town about 22 miles out of Wilkes Barre called Sweet Valley. Not far from I-81, I-80 and I-84. Quiet for the most part and pretty rural. There is a VA hospital in Wilkes Barre. I like it here. Cost of living is less than the Pocono area. I can recommend a local realtor if you wanted some options to look at.

That would be awesome! Thank you

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I live in northeastern Pennsylvania near the I81 I84 junction. The northern fringe of the Pocono mountains. Been here all my life, things have changed here too. Still a beautiful area although we are a hub for a lot of NYC/ NJ garbage. I’ve never lived anywhere else but visiting some other places made them seem more appealing I suppose although I’m sure every place has its pros & cons. One thing I am sure of is it seems the cancer rate is increasing in our area. Not really sure why but it is a bit concerning.

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sweet Valley is a nice area!

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sweet Valley is a nice area!

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sounds like the "honesdale" area in NEPA to me.
North of 80 is about the mason Dixon line in PA. How far north is the question, and it seem the further north you get you get closer to your family. That's a "win-win" to me.
Last I checked PA was an " open carry" state....you need a permit to carry CCL...just an address to carry open. Lots of guys I know carry a cheap revolver on the dash of their trucks like a hanging fuzzy dice set .

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
North of 80 is about the mason Dixon line in PA. How far north is the question, and it seem the further north you get you get closer to your family. That's a "win-win" to me.
Last I checked PA was an " open carry" state....you need a permit to carry CCL...just an address to carry open. Lots of guys I know carry a cheap revolver on the dash of their trucks like a hanging fuzzy dice set .
Honesdale is a great place!!!

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Very easy to get a concealed carry permit in my area, just fill out an application at the course house and go get you pic taken a few weeks later, pay the fee and that's it. Renew it every 5 years.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I never go anywhere without protection, it is important to me to continue to do so. I have a NC CCW, i think my CT one lapsed. I had one for New York, issued in NYC but that expired years ago.

I want small towm life again