CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2023 Vows: "Guarding my Peace".
If it cost me my peace---it's too expensive.

Reactions: Lnk

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Friends that don't celebrate your success, aren't really friends! ;)

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
b08564e1af881bb4e27bc82f4bcf773e7317e7e7_orig

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
Local time
3:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought I would mention a movie I saw a few weeks. It is called "The Big Trail" and is available for free on youtube. It is originally a black and white movie but is also available as a colorized version. It is also one of the first movies to be filmed in wide screen format.

Anyway, I found it to be a truly fascinating glimpse into the pioneer migration from the East to California. There are some incredible scenes in this movie, along with some incredible scenery! The shear scale of some of the scenes involving humans and livestock are breathtaking, along with some of the incredible obstacles they faced on a trip with no roads or trails through the virgin wilderness for thousands of miles.

When you think life is hard today, just watch this movie and imagine you are amongst these families making their way West in search of a new life. Those were hard men and women!

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought I would mention a movie I saw a few weeks. It is called "The Big Trail" and is available for free on youtube. It is originally a black and white movie but is also available as a colorized version. It is also one of the first movies to be filmed in wide screen format.

Anyway, I found it to be a truly fascinating glimpse into the pioneer migration from the East to California. There are some incredible scenes in this movie, along with some incredible scenery! The shear scale of some of the scenes involving humans and livestock are breathtaking, along with some of the incredible obstacles they faced on a trip with no roads or trails through the virgin wilderness for thousands of miles.

When you think life is hard today, just watch this movie and imagine you are amongst these families making their way West in search of a new life. Those were hard men and women!
I appreciate it. I inherited a love of Westers & the outdoors from my Pops! I will check that out for sure. It just seems natural that by observing another person overcoming adversity it would strengthen our own resolve or faith so to speak.

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
Local time
3:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I appreciate it. I inherited a love of Westers & the outdoors from my Pops! I will check that out for sure. It just seems natural that by observing another person overcoming adversity it would strengthen our own resolve or faith so to speak.
If you are like me (sounds like you are) you will find it fascinating. There is a drama aspect to it, but a bigger historical documentary aspect to it that I found incredible. Hauling those Prairie Schooners across the country was a feat in itself, and the scenes in this movie will demonstrate that in sometimes breathtaking fashion. A movie like this could never be made today. It's just too realistic and that realism extends to the treatment and fate of the animals on the journey. It will give you a new appreciation for the soft life we live today.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Become the greatest your bloodline has ever seen.
Then pass it down!
#DestinyandLegacy

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ever notice when someone dislikes someone, nothing they do is ever satisfactory?
If they operate in greatness it is nit-picked, if they make a mistake they are crucified.

Dr. Myles Munroe once stated, "When a man is offended, he is not open to truth".
Listen, life is too short to be bitter or to allow people to live rent-free in your head!

Oftentimes our next level of peace involves overcoming personalities.:stick:

BTW...There is a crimson fountain filled with blood...:thumbup:😇