Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
7:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been accused of bashing Husqvarna "unfairly". In my defense, I've said that when you take apart a new saw, and find the sort of things I've seen, that the members of our forum need to be made aware of it.

Well....here we go. Brand new MS461 with the spark plug cross threaded, and run in all the way. Made it thru the test run, and quality control too.

I'll be replacing this top end.....its scrap metal now.

20210517_115804.jpg 20210517_115756.jpg 20210517_115817.jpg

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been accused of bashing Husqvarna "unfairly". In my defense, I've said that when you take apart a new saw, and find the sort of things I've seen, that the members of our forum need to be made aware of it.

Well....here we go. Brand new MS461 with the spark plug cross threaded, and run in all the way. Made it thru the test run, and quality control too.

View attachment 294868 View attachment 294867 View attachment 294866
That is a huge bummer! Thanks for sharing Randy.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
1:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It may not be what you want to do, if you fit a time sert/Helicoil or get Sean carr to fix it ( your choice of what best) I think if you port it along with your other saws , after all it just another top end. You just may find it will Get you some dollars, when someone needs one

;)
Edit but what a bummer finding that :rolleyes:

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
3:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That sucks! Dibz!

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hesitate to mention this, but I have a BR800 blower that I bought new in December and it's been back to the shop five times because it just will not run more than 10 minutes. The mechanic at my dealer has no idea why it won't run. He's already replaced the carburetor, the fuel lines twice, the fuel filter, the tank vent, adjusted the valves, and still can't get it to run right. What do you do if you get a new piece of equipment and that even the dealer can't get the running right?

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hesitate to mention this, but I have a BR800 blower that I bought new in December and it's been back to the shop five times because it just will not run more than 10 minutes. The mechanic at my dealer has no idea why it won't run. He's already replaced the carburetor, the fuel lines twice, the fuel filter, the tank vent, adjusted the valves, and still can't get it to run right. What do you do if you get a new piece of equipment and that even the dealer can't get the running right?
If I were in your shoes, I would be pushing for the dealer to swap out the blower with a new one.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Is the dealer replacing the cylinder under warranty? The saw is brand new...

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
8:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
tell em to piss off and go by an ebz 8550