HELP! STIHL Pressure/Vacuum tester rebuild

Stihl Wrenching

Active OPE Member
Local time
9:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I work on Stihl saws almost every day. I have used this forum as research for years when I need ideas and have really enjoyed the exchange of knowledge. I use my Stihl P/V tool all the time and have used it for many years. I couldn't do without it. Yesterday, before checking out a saw, I put my finger over the end of the tool and noticed that it would hold on pressure but not on vac. I am used to looking up Stihl parts and I can't find a rebuild kit for the tool. I checked with Stihl and they don't show a rebuild kit. I can't find schematics. I need help finding a kit, schematic or a list of all the o-ring sizes. Thanks, John

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I work on Stihl saws almost every day. I have used this forum as research for years when I need ideas and have really enjoyed the exchange of knowledge. I use my Stihl P/V tool all the time and have used it for many years. I couldn't do without it. Yesterday, before checking out a saw, I put my finger over the end of the tool and noticed that it would hold on pressure but not on vac. I am used to looking up Stihl parts and I can't find a rebuild kit for the tool. I checked with Stihl and they don't show a rebuild kit. I can't find schematics. I need help finding a kit, schematic or a list of all the o-ring sizes. Thanks, John
I know those were outsourced from another German company for Stihl. If you can find the maker, you’ll have a better chance at finding the parts.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, you are right. At the bottom of the gauge it says LTR which is Leitenberger from Germany. I'm still looking.
I couldn’t remember the name, and couldn’t look for you as I don’t have one yet. I just remember in my search for one a while back.

Stihl Wrenching

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I looked through all of Leitenberger's tools and found it as item number: 060107 model HV 90. But still can't find rebuild/repair info. I'll check with Dougan next. Thanks.

Djj450

OPE Member
Local time
12:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks! Just saw this reply. I still needed this.
Hopefully you can find something as that is from the manufacturers old catalogue, the new one doesn't list any parts for rebuilding. I emailed the manufacturer asking about rebuild and they said they don't sell parts if you need service to send the tester to them and they can quote you on cost of repair. For the cost of the item you would think you could buy parts to service it.

stihl #1

Active OPE Member
Local time
10:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wrote this procedure and sourced the parts back in 2017 when I worked at STIHL. I don't know if WEZAG still supplies parts or not so just have to call them and see. The 2 check valves get messed up from sucking soapy water or other chemicals up, so I always pull a little WD40 in from time to time which seems to help.

Attachments

• TLS 202 Pres-Vac Pump Srv.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 9