Stihl Light Bar Cost

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went by my local Co-Op/dealer today to grab a few things before this hurricanado comes through east TN. We have finally worn out a 25” Stihl light bar after a couple of years of running it on our 461 so I checked to see if they had one. Sure enough, laying on the bottom shelf covered in dust was a brand new ES light bar. I just grabbed it and a couple new loops of 33RSF to throw in the truck just in case. The girl told me the total and I about fell over. The bar alone was $150. It’s been a while since I ordered or bought one but I know it wasn’t that much the last time! They are still selling chains at “$1/inch of bar” so I guess that hasn’t changed or they have plenty at old prices. I like the lightweight bars but I’m not sure they are worth $150! What is everyone else paying for them?

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I paid about that for a 28” ES Light about a year ago… Since then I’ve tried the Tsumura Premium Light bars, and like them better, and they’re less $$
I bought a 28” light for $145 a year ago. I just went through all my invoices I get emailed from them. I have some Sugi bars for my saws but have been eyeballing the Tsumura bars as well. The Stihl bars do hold up well, but I may just start running them on my saw. My guys say they really can’t tell a difference, lol.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
3:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a 28” light for $145 a year ago. I just went through all my invoices I get emailed from them. I have some Sugi bars for my saws but have been eyeballing the Tsumura bars as well. The Stihl bars do hold up well, but I may just start running them on my saw. My guys say they really can’t tell a difference, lol.

The Tsumura’s are a bit more flexible, but they are the most durable bar I have ever used. They last a lot longer before needing dressing on the rails, too. I like them a lot.

Stem

Professional Cup Stacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
last 28" I bought was a Sugi-hara, think I paid $120ish. the Echo 620 wears it almost full time.

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just grabbed it and a couple new loops of 33RSF to throw in the truck just in case. They are still selling chains at “$1/inch of bar” so I guess that hasn’t changed or they have plenty at old prices.
Typically around here if you can get chain off of a spool, you can save compared to the pre-boxed stuff by about $10-$15 depending on the length you are getting. 91 drivers of 33RSF off of a spool is only $0.39 a driver or about $36.00 before tax while a 91 DL box of 33RSF is $48.99.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went by my local Co-Op/dealer today to grab a few things before this hurricanado comes through east TN. We have finally worn out a 25” Stihl light bar after a couple of years of running it on our 461 so I checked to see if they had one. Sure enough, laying on the bottom shelf covered in dust was a brand new ES light bar. I just grabbed it and a couple new loops of 33RSF to throw in the truck just in case. The girl told me the total and I about fell over. The bar alone was $150. It’s been a while since I ordered or bought one but I know it wasn’t that much the last time! They are still selling chains at “$1/inch of bar” so I guess that hasn’t changed or they have plenty at old prices. I like the lightweight bars but I’m not sure they are worth $150! What is everyone else paying for them?
That's cheap, 2-ish years ago I bought a 32" Light bar for $125. 6 months later I sold it with the saw it was on and went to pick up a new one. $200+ before the price change that was happening the next day. I bought 1 Stihl Light bar since then, a lightly used 36" one freshly dressed and ready to go for $100 at that same shop.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Typically around here if you can get chain off of a spool, you can save compared to the pre-boxed stuff by about $10-$15 depending on the length you are getting. 91 drivers of 33RSF off of a spool is only $0.39 a driver or about $36.00 before tax while a 91 DL box of 33RSF is $48.99.
They spin their own here. So I guess chains were still reasonable. The 84DL was $25.00. They’ve always sold their chains like that. 18”=$18, 25”=$25. No matter what gauge or pitch or tooth style, lol.

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They spin their own here. So I guess chains were still reasonable. The 84DL was $25.00. They’ve always sold their chains like that. 18”=$18, 25”=$25. No matter what gauge or pitch or tooth style, lol.
That's cool. When I worked for the store I did, my employee discount ended up being$0.19 per driver. Couldn't pass that up.