Stihl 064 questions

Whiskers

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That really likes like a very clean low hour saw. Did you have to do a lot of cleaning or was it like that when you stole it hee hee hee. It better not have come from Tall Guys or my area!

Sent from somewhere

I rescued this one from the middle of Omaha last fall before I moved, I know you and Tall Guy liked to sneak down that direction now and again trying to get saws back north past my security systems. This one just got some compressed air and a wipe down before it went on the "projects to be completed later" shelf. Then I bought a 6 acre property that needs some sprucing up, so the shelf turned into a long term storage facility.

Whiskers

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Alright, update time. Tore the saw down, the cylinder is a KS, and cleaned up just fine. Not a groove to be found. I threw a used ms650 piston in it and it fired right off. Idles good and runs right up. The dilemma I've got now is what piston do I put in it, here are the options.

1. Oem 064 piston - $130ish
2. Oem ms650 piston - $50ish
3. Meteor 064 piston - $40ish

From what I gather the ms650 is the same piston as the 064 piston, which would essentially keep the saw oem to some degree. I know the meteor is a good alternative, but am flip flopping. Does anyone have any additional advice?

Gunn

Yay sawz
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For all intents and purposes the 650 piston is identical to the 064 piston. There's minute differences when comparing castings but dimensionaly they are the same.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 22