Trader history (0)

stihlguy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kicking around the idea of selling my 044, purchased new in '95, along with my 031 they cut 7-8 full cords a yr. until 2012 when CAD hit. I now have 6 saws, I'm 65, I cut 7-8 full cords/yr. I can't see keeping a saw that won't get used much. It starts on the 5th pull cold(always has), 1 pull warm, 130# comp on 3 pulls cold. If anyone is seriously interested I will get some pictures, no trades, no tire kickers, no low ballers. I'm thinking $550 - $600 shipped to the lower 48. I don't have to sell it, just hate to have it sit around. Thanks.

132246020 also have original owners manual and a parts manual. 91 octane ethanol free w/Stihl Ultra oil.

stihlguy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ftkl8i.jpg

having a difficult time uploading pics w/ tinypic, any other suggestions, I am PC challenged!!!!

Last edited:

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you have the pictures on a computer or can access them from a computer you can take screenshots(and crop them how you want at the same time, then load them into the ad.
Google is your friend, well at least to figure out how to do it lol.

stihlguy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will be heading to Boonville woodsman festival next Sat.(17) if anyone is in the area and wants to check it out( Upstate NY)

Provider48

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Kicking around the idea of selling my 044, purchased new in '95, along with my 031 they cut 7-8 full cords a yr. until 2012 when CAD hit. I now have 6 saws, I'm 65, I cut 7-8 full cords/yr. I can't see keeping a saw that won't get used much. It starts on the 5th pull cold(always has), 1 pull warm, 130# comp on 3 pulls cold. If anyone is seriously interested I will get some pictures, no trades, no tire kickers, no low ballers. I'm thinking $550 - $600 shipped to the lower 48. I don't have to sell it, just hate to have it sit around. Thanks.

132246020 also have original owners manual and a parts manual. 91 octane ethanol free w/Stihl Ultra oil.

I just joined and happened to catch your sale. I live outside of Wyalusing. Am thinking of listing one, possibly two saws here (One is my very nice 044 which has far less use than yours had. In fact I have had it boxed for about three years now and am thinking that's a waste. I have a 460 magnum that I bought from a seller on Ebay who said it ran fine. Got it with a well scored piston. Was able to hone the cylinder ( first time I tried this with a Nikasil and it worked ). I put in a Metior replacement piston assembly and it worked out great...North of 150 psi compression. I take excellent care of my saws and I really only need the 460 as I only ran over one Stihl about 20 years ago with my JD350C and that was last time I will ever set a great Stihl down in the wrong place I and am wondering how the honesty factor gets handled here. I have over 1225 transactions on Ebay with 100% feedback, but no one knows how to trust me here. I am fed up with eBay's high costs to transact. For example they charge 10% for shipping. You are supposed to offer shipping as competitive as possible and they essentially force you to overcharge so they can profit. How did your sale go?

stihlguy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I also advertised on FB, a local arborist met me in Wysox and bought it. Worked out great, he could see it and run it, no shipping. We were both happy. Hated to sell it, but I still have 5 saws. If you list it here, they will want videos, pictures of piston, compression reading etc.