High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

So... how did this happen? Causing the most annoying problem!

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the past while ive had some problems with my saw in which tightening the bar would cause the chain to bind, no matter how loose the chain was. If i fiddled with it enough it seemed to go away. For a while I had it set just right but it was time to flip the bar and I knew i was gonna have to fight with this.

so i put the bar on and she was binding again, cleaned everything out thinking maybe a wood chip was on the plate or the cover causing the bar to go on out of straight, maybe causing the problem.
Took the clutch cover off and the chain moves real nice.

Then i noticed this . Tightening the clutch cover cause the bar to pinch on that point that has been smashed in, causing the chain to bind. lol i wonder if i dropped it maybe? Or could this have happened some other way using the saw? I feel like a dummy cause all i had to do all this time was just look at the end of the rails i had dressed several times..
hopefully this will help the next person that comes across this problem :)

B4CAB491-75A5-4273-80AE-8EB447155DCA.jpeg

33D12F5D-8330-494D-86A0-D59D5DEC042B.jpegi look at the bar and for the first time i noticed this

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you run with the chain excessively loose it can come around the sprocket and pound the bar like that. If that were the case you would likely see it at the nose as well. I think you can see the worn area on the top of this bar.

20180921_180104.jpg

Mark

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I worked on one just like the problem you describe. It turns out that the owner pinched it in the cut and jerked it out of the tree. The bar had a mild twist to it.