So does anyone fish or just nah???

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
11:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
5-6 pound speckled trout and we around 60 that day. They were all very nice fish.
I can see the spots now that I'm looking for them I wanna catch one I have been told time and time again to work the grassy edges and I'll get one also have heard you can catch em in the cold weather while trolling?? Any input?

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
image.jpg So there's my boat.... 19ft grady tournament workin on a super slow restore but if it's fit I'm in the water I left this January it was 6 degree trolling for those big rockfish. Struck out that day and my controls were frozen had to pour sea water on them to free em up I plan on getting down to md this weekend to start my season. No more fish pictures worth sharing ...

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those are some nice reds in the earlier posts I have some up here but I don't target them it's a pretty big sportfish south of me catch some small ones now and again the black drum should be up next month that's an awsome fish to catch I got a 52 pounder got a citation for it. Anyone eat big black drum? I didn't care much for it I think I'm gonna release any I catch from now on

Ga is a long way from where you fish but all the big black drum here are infested with worms in the meat.

Barneyrb

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can see the spots now that I'm looking for them I wanna catch one I have been told time and time again to work the grassy edges and I'll get one also have heard you can catch em in the cold weather while trolling?? Any input?

I don't know about up there but here in the gulf we catch them usually in fairly shallow water (less than 12ft), on sandy bottoms, on oyster reefs, in the marsh, and along the beaches. When we get around grass lines we start looking for reds and flounder then.

I do know you will catch the bigger trout (in open water) on croakers because they are the natural enemy of trout, croakers raid their eggs and therefore are destroyed every chance they get. We also catch them on different colors of plastic jerk baits, opening night, electric chicken, ghost, and some of the ones with a chartreuse tail. Just use a 1/4oz jig head and rig with that. It's a lot like bass fishing, look for currents, eddys, structures, and most anything else you would associate with bass fishing only this is salt water.

KenJax Tree

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This one didn't
4a65cf99bac9bf26a38dc5db84320517.jpg

mcginkleschmidt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought I would add a great recipe for cooking carp to this thread.

The following is a great recipe for Carp.

Get a clean pine board about 8" x 15" x 1" thick.
Take a nice size freshly caught carp and lay it on the board. Skin and Filet the carp into 2 thick strips. Do not spend much time deboning. The bone gives it more flavors.
Salt and oil the board generously with virgin olive oil.
Next lay the filets out evenly on the board.
Salt, and pepper both sides. I like to use sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
Now spread a generous amount of garlic butter and a lot of garlic salt on both sides.
Tabasco sauce and a little Ripple helps take out the fishy taste.
Add sliced and diced onions, green or red peppers, thinly slice mushrooms and tomatoes.
Sprinkle on a little parsley
Now take a fresh cut lemon and carefully squeeze out all the juice onto the carp and pine board.
Now is the time to add any other of your favorite ingredients.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Now take the pine board with the filets and put it in your preheated oven.
Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
When done carefully take the pine board and the carp out of the oven.
Throw the carp away and eat the board.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We gonna hit the bream early thirty tomorrow morning fellas...tonight's the full moon. They gonna be a bedding. Wanted to take off today and try their asses, but I got two guys out of my shop this week, had to go to work...sux!!! I'll put up the report and pics later tomorrow if we slay'em. We've already knocked the scales off of about 300 bream so far in this small lake. Gonna try to add to the count tomorrow morning with crickets and red wigglers again...and plenty of Bud Light. We gonna try and sting'em fellas...we shall see. Enjoy your night.