Shindaiwa EB802RT

Burchie70

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone knowledgeable about the EB802RT blower ? I bought a used one that was less than a year old and it ran fine for 2 years. Now after it runs for awhile it bogs down and barely stays running. If I shut it off and let cool down for a bit it starts right up and runs good for 5-10 minutes and then does the same thing. I rebuilt the carburetor, changed the tank vent, spark plug air filter, plus the fuel filter. I pulled the exhaust and checked the piston and cylinder and they look perfect with no scoring. I did a compression test which was 145. The spark arrestor is clean and I even tried loosing the gas cap while it was bogging down to see if the new tank vent was bad. Anyone have any ideas ? Thanks

Last edited:

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bad coil? I had a Stihl trimmer with the same symptoms as you're describing and it turned out to be a bad coil.

Burchie70

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was wondering if the coil was breaking down. Hate to spend $60 on a new coil if it’s not the problem. Wonder if I can test the coil with an ohm meter somehow

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would they let you return it if it wasn't the problem?

rjames

The clean beaver gets the wood
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you can see the fuel feed line while it's running, watch it at full throttle. Look for air bubbles, if you see some, it'll bog when the air bubbles hit the carb. Replace the fuel feed line (and another filter, the stihl filters are great) and you should be good. If no bubbles, I would replace the fuel filter 1 more time and see if that cures it. Sounds like fuel issue.

Burchie70

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok I’ll have to try that, thanks guys