huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
10:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I couldn’t change password, said existing wrong.

Then logged out and couldn’t log back in.

Had to use reset password link.

Guess I got hacked too.
It was weird.

Reactions: Lnk

exCanuck

FartKnockerForum System Admin
GoldMember
Local time
9:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last few days I’ve been getting login verification requests, always three in a row and all while I’m still logged in on my phone. Just an fyi to admins and smart computer folks, not sure if that’s phishing or what not.

phishing/brute force
Will force everyone to set a new pwd, and then there'll be the evil two step verification. Sorry!

exCanuck

FartKnockerForum System Admin
GoldMember
Local time
9:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
  1. Added really strong password requirement for new accounts.
  2. Everyone should enable Two Factor Authentication (2FA) for their future logging in.
  3. EVERYONE should revisit their password field NOW. Make your pwd long and random with smalls, caps, numbers, symbols.
  4. While you're there, verify that your email is still your email, and not some hacker's.
  5. DO NOT use the same password that you use anywhere else. There are compromised email & pwd combinations available to hackers on the Interwebs. They'll check your email addy in the database of hacked accounts, and if yours is in there they'll see what passwords you've used and count on you using the same password over again. Don't do it. If you have a simple or a same password in multiple places, go change it now before someone smarter than you gets it.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How do they get pictures?

Any where on the internet you can save pictures from.

8 or 9 years ago I bought a super clean 044. I shared pictures of it on a chainsaw forum.

Less then an hour later a trusted member of the forum sent me a PM, showing me a Craigslist ad, of a chainsaw for sale, with my pictures in the ad. Scammers suck!!

2000ssm6

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the upgrades.

Another good option is making a quick phone call and talking to the seller. This has saved me a few times when buying off forums. Scammers won't talk or can't speak english well enough to make a conversation.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I couldn’t change password, said existing wrong.

Then logged out and couldn’t log back in.

Had to use reset password link.

Guess I got hacked too.
Same thing happened to me this morning Doc. But I just did as you suggested and it's all good now on all my devices. Again thanks for the heads up sir.

Reactions: Lnk

Matt Schmitt

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Changed mine originally had 12 characters with upper and lower case letters several numbers and abbreviation… said it was to weak lol I’d say we’re on the right track mine is over 15 characters now!