High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Sachs dolmar Kms-4 coil

Kenny Pfeifer

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So I just picked up a Sachs kid-4 wankel. Went to a farm to buy some tractors and I saw it laying on top of a pile of scrap metal. So I ask the farmer “Hey what’s up with the saw?” He goes “oh the wankel saw? I have a pile of em. Give me $20 a piece for em” so anyway I brought one home and tore it all down and man this thing is pristine internally. Makes tons of compression but it only made spark for a few pulls. Now no spark. Any idea where or how I can get another coil for it? Thanks I will get more pictures tomorrow. upload_2022-4-9_19-37-2.jpeg

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Kenny Pfeifer

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Give ya the short of it, he didn’t have time to go through the barn and look for em. He said he may have scrapped a couple of em too. I’m hoping to make runners out of any of the ones I get but I might have to Cannibalize one of them. What really gets me is that it made spark the first few times I pulled it over and now nothing, but I can only assume how this thing is going to sound when it fires up. I tore it all the way down cleaned up a couple small imperfections in the iron wall lining oiled the bearings and reinstalled all the seals and let the rotor sit in a bath of oil prior to reassembly. Strong compression.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The coil says Ducati on it and I was told that there may be some vintage motorbike or mopeds that share the same part.

DSC06130.JPG

DSC06133.JPG

If you end up with any spare "parts saws" I would be interested in one to add to my display.

20210504_102653.jpg

Mark

Kenny Pfeifer

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am not aware of anyone.

Mark

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They have a very unique sound and are very smooth/low vibration. They are a bit heavy for the displacement (roughly 60 cc equivalent) but considering they were built almost 50 years ago you could say they were way ahead of the curve. The rotor seals were somewhat problematic, and the machining was a lot more complicated (meaning expensive) than other rotating or reciprocating machines; just look at the shape of the chamber in the photo above. I don't have anything to support this but I suspect the combination of the cost and the unfamiliar design did them in.

Mark