Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
9:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I haven't tried a twin blade set up but i did make my own high lift for this little LB I got.20200618_084917.jpg
20200618_084922.jpg
20200618_085805.jpg
With this wide open discharge shoot it doesn't get clogged and with that high lift blade it really moves some air but wants to bog when moving fast in tall stuff.

B440

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What did you cut the blade with? Usually they are hardened to the point that bits and blades dull quickly on them.

I like it though. Maybe time to increase the compression? Might get you through that tall grass easier.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Add some nitro concentrate and run partial choke, that will get you through tall grass faster. I did it recently with my push mower since the riding mower was sitting at the dealer forever and the yard was very overgrown. I had a dirty air filter,so I didn't need to run partial choke, but I modded another carb for nitro use in the future.

Also, next time I'll rig up a string to the governor arm to override and rev it up before hitting a thick spot. It seems like a lot of these engines reach full throttle when they have bogged too much to reach full power.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What did you cut the blade with? Usually they are hardened to the point that bits and blades dull quickly on them.

I like it though. Maybe time to increase the compression? Might get you through that tall grass easier.

Band saw at work FTW!!!!!

Add some nitro concentrate and run partial choke, that will get you through tall grass faster. I did it recently with my push mower since the riding mower was sitting at the dealer forever and the yard was very overgrown. I had a dirty air filter,so I didn't need to run partial choke, but I modded another carb for nitro use in the future.

Also, next time I'll rig up a string to the governor arm to override and rev it up before hitting a thick spot. It seems like a lot of these engines reach full throttle when they have bogged too much to reach full power.

Yeah I'm just gonna leave this little peice of Tecumseh 2 stroke history stock doing it's own thing.

And by slowing down I mean walking normal lol.

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd keep a close eye on that blade after making the cut in it.
Especially if ya got any roots, rocks or high spots that a mower blade is good at finding.
IF it starts to crack, take it off. We don't need a hunk of steel letting loose at speed and maybe finding your foot or a bystander.

And Happy mowing! :)

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd keep a close eye on that blade after making the cut in it.
Especially if ya got any roots, rocks or high spots that a mower blade is good at finding.
IF it starts to crack, take it off. We don't need a hunk of steel letting loose at speed and maybe finding your foot or a bystander.

And Happy mowing! :)

I have checked it multiple times. Them older LB blades are also a good half inch wider than current blades. I wouldn't cut and bend a newer unit and feel good about it.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A little blade update. 20200926_180433.jpg
Toro Atomic on the left and a Maxpower from Amazon. 20201105_163627.jpg
Pretty pleased with is for $15.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool W! I use gator mulching blades on my Scag. Not much left when you go through leaves.
The blades blow more leaves around prior to cutting them sometimes.
Leaves provide good loam in spring!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool W! I use gator mulching blades on my Scag. Not much left when you go through leaves.
The blades blow more leaves around prior to cutting them sometimes.
Leaves provide good loam in spring!

I think the only difference between these and the gators could be the label and price.

Got the kid doing volunteer work for school right now. 20201107_130032.jpg

And I wouldn't worry about leaves so much if they didn't pile up and make hotspots that turn in to mole dens over the winter.