High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Remington 700 morning.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Took my Remington 700BDL in 308 out this morning to shoot. I had my new range set up with a 2 gallon pail botton out. I wanted to shoot some holes in it for a septic set up for a deer blind.

I started out with the old tried and true recipe IMR 3031 powder and 150gr Serria HPBT Match Kings. But I don't want to hunt with those so Saturday I sat down and loaded up some Serria 165gr HPBT Game Kings over some IMR 4064 powder to give them a try.
No paper set up but I was able to punch a few holes in the 2 gallon pail.
the cases I had loaded up with the Game Kings looked very well, so will increase a few more grains in the next batch I load and give them a try but will try to have some paper up.
It has been so long since I have shot this rifle I can't remember the last time even.

Next Rifle I took out was the 700 Mountian Rifle my wife bought for me in 7mm08.

I have several boxes of bullets my brother gave me when he was trying to tame the 284 he inhearted from my dad. I think he settled on a 120gr bullet but not sure what powder he ended up with and now he has been gone for nearly a month.
One of the boxes was Speer 145gr, BTSP which I was putting IMR 4831 under when I was loading Friday while it was snowing.

They shot well and also put a few holes in the 2 gallon pail also.
But the stump sticking up on th edge of the pond dissappered. Seemed Recoil was very moderite compaired to the 308.
I like this rifle, has beautiful wood, wife told me the guy at the gun shop would bring one out for her to look at and this one the forth she liked the dark grainy wood and settled for it. Was my Christmas presant for 1996.

My wife says I never listen to her, bet yours is the same.
My wife only listens to part of what I say.

She had over heard only a part of my taking to my hunting partner. I told him I wanted a Remington Model 7 carbine in 7mm08 for down in the cedar swamp.
I use the mountian rifle whey i am hunting across the cranberry bogs.

Next just to shoot a rifle I really really like and have shot recent as it is my coyote windy day rig.
Remington 700 BDL 243 my very first 700 Remington. I grabed a hand full of Serria 85gr. over a powder charge of IMR 4350. Been useing that recipte since mid 1973, for deer, crows, chucks and coyotes and my hunting partner used the recipte in his Savage one year to take a Canadian bear.
My dad had a Ruger 77 in 243, my brother had a Winchester 70 in 243 and my own Remington 700.

I made about 8 more holes in the bottom of the pail and a small propane tank i has sat back there I tore up.

Was a fun morning, now it is raining so will go down and punch primers out and put the cases in the tumbler.

Love my Remington 700's

Al

MACHINE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 2 in 7MMAG

One is a 1980 bone stock , with 140 grain Nosler on top of RL-22 it will shoot a .360 inch 3 shot group..

The other is a 26 inch stainless SPS cheap rifle , only thing changed is trigger and I put a Tubb speedlock pin in it .

Same Nosler load a 3 shot group was .226.

I know people that spend 4 or 5 grand to get a rifle to shoot like that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Spladle160

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These threads needs pics. And a diagram of the deer stand septic.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
the urnal part is not fastened to the wall here yet. but has been hooked to ther 1 inch plastic hose and ran down to the 5 galling pain buried which has holes in the bottom to allow it to drain.

Seems like a no brainer to me and why it has taken me so long to do them here since I was useing the system at the deer camp years ago.

Check Pizza Shops for free 5 gallon pails with sealing lids. I get them at Mancinos. the urnal part is a Polaris 2 stroke oil jug I had just emptyed.

So what does a deer blind urnal and septic system have to do with shooting Remington 700 rifles?

Al

Last edited: