Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
4:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
they are nice sounding engine
I am curious about the VR5 engine. From what I read back years ago they were supposed to be an even smoother running engine. I don't know if they were an option in the US. Maybe I should do some reading up again.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am curious about the VR5 engine. From what I read back years ago they were supposed to be an even smoother running engine. I don't know if they were an option in the US. Maybe I should do some reading up again.

The inline 5 2.5l vw has now is extremely similar to the old VR6. Chains in the back too.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The inline 5 2.5l vw has now is extremely similar to the old VR6. Chains in the back too.
I haven't played gasser VW stuff for a while except for the 2.8 30 valve Audi engine in the Passat my daughter drives. I spend my time usually playing with TDI's.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
2:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My neighbor had a 2008 Golf with the 20V 2.5 liter and the manual - that was pretty fast ride. It was so light, you could get it up to 60 in a hurry.

I wouldn't have wanted to wreck it though. He had me fix it up so he could sell it.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
10:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't played gasser VW stuff for a while except for the 2.8 30 valve Audi engine in the Passat my daughter drives. I spend my time usually playing with TDI's.

yeah there nice engines I had a A6 sedan Quattro 2.8 30v it was the ultimate touring car
there was a option of the v8 4.2 32v with a six speed box which was fast

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yeah there nice engines I had a A6 sedan Quattro 2.8 30v it was the ultimate touring car
there was a option of the v8 4.2 32v with a six speed box which was fast

Have you driven one of the 3.0 twin turbo a6's yet Andrew? Makes the 4.2 feel like a little *b-word!

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
10:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you driven one of the 3.0 twin turbo a6's yet Andrew? Makes the 4.2 feel like a little *b-word!

No I haven’t Steve that’s the S6 over here ive had a few pass me on the smaller windier roads theyre
pretty pokey.
There’s also the RS6 which is mental V8 4ltr twin turbo about 480 hp before remapping
after re mapping who knows pretty scary definitely jailbait

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
2:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea , it’s rather cool in a bad way

Sad really, Ash was one of the woods that helped build this country in the early days.

We have Sudden Oak Death on this coast - between that and Laminate Root Rot, we're losing some old growth timber.

Squareground3691

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sad really, Ash was one of the woods that helped build this country in the early days.

We have Sudden Oak Death on this coast - between that and Laminate Root Rot, we're losing some old growth timber.
Yea JJ, it’s pretty sad , it’s hard to find a healthy stand of them ,

Hundred Acre Wood

Full-time Slacker
Local time
5:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Once the ash is gone hopefully the EAB therefore also eradicates itself and ash can maybe be re-established

I hope so too. It's a terrific species. At least as far back as 2011 the US forest service started collecting seeds across the US to try to preserve the species. They say they can successfully deep freeze them for 40 years or more.

It doesn't look like they made many collections, but I guess it doesn't take too many?