Country flag

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally done with this shower. They are getting custom glass made for it.

View attachment 241317

I took these about 4 years ago when I was back stateside helping my cousin sell his house in Orange County, CA. He moved to Portugal. Mostly to dodge inheritance taxes :(
I wasn't gonna share these, but fuggit.

This shower also has a steam option, radio/media controller, a couple of sun flower shower heads you can't see on the top of it, all marble and tile, and could fit about 10 people. Also has cool mood lighting. I really, really miss it.
167371597.J2srQCTK.DSC03008.JPG

167371598.rdgyNnaA.DSC03010.JPG

The toilet and dressing room are around the corner. This entire upstairs bathroom was about $270,000.
That bath tub is made for two. The fixtures are so huge it makes the bath tub look smaller. It's also a spa with lighting effects, of course.

This is the master I stayed in while helping him. The alcove to the right there is a sitting room and ante room for the bathroom you just saw. The entire master room with bath, ante room, and wardrobe are about twice the size of my house here in Ireland. You have to nearly shout in the bathroom to be heard in the master.

167371601.euPe2js5.DSC03023.JPG

Kitchen. Sub Zero on the far wall, of course. There are 3 drawers for the dish washers custom fitted to the right of the sink. I mean the one of the right. The sink on the left is mostly a bar sink. There is a huge microwave hidden in there somewhere. Around the corner on the right is the pantry and wine cubby and another microwave and sink and a hidden washroom/bath beyond the pantry(for the help):
167371600.G1HabCMu.DSC03013.JPG

Reverse view towards the pool:

167371599.ihEhTxk5.DSC03012.JPG

Front of the house:

167380665.RGK6H7dH.DSC03147.JPG

Neighbours were attorneys:

167380664.WuzeQjMW.DSC03144.JPG

In case you are wondering what that last car on the right is: It's a turbo porsche, of course:

164995046.n3IkgImY.DSC03141.jpg

He rented me a Lambo for helping him, and also cause it was my BDay. They are stupid fast, but also beat the living daylights out of you and deafen you, and entry and exit is no easy task.

165215155.sqVcPOgZ.mediashare_34b92a.jpg

It cost more to rent than I spent on my current car. And people treat you one of two ways when they see you driving it, even in LA and OC. They either love you, or they hate you. It's sort of like driving a loud and bright BMW, except people shout things at you, and everyone wants to race you. Since I didn't care about points on my US license, I had a bit of fun. Never was pulled over, tho.

170716698.IU0BBGs3.DSC_0174.JPG

But now I am back in my poverty place in Ireland. It was nice to experience and live like the other .001% do for a while, but also profoundly depressing. All he ever thinks or cares about is his money. And I don't say that lightly. He is terrified of losing any of it, and he fled the US to avoid taxes that would have costed him millions. I can understand how and why the rich think like they do, and how they drive and run the US and piss all over the rest of us. He never really understood what it was like to not be wealthy. He never had to earn anything or make any sacrifice. He lived at home until he was nearly 50. Everything was handed to him. He never forged his own path or lived his own life. And, of course, he is never happy. I pity him as much as I envy him. It's like he is just passing through this life without a soul.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
2:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took these about 4 years ago when I was back stateside helping my cousin sell his house in Orange County, CA. He moved to Portugal. Mostly to dodge inheritance taxes :(
I wasn't gonna share these, but fuggit.

This shower also has a steam option, radio/media controller, a couple of sun flower shower heads you can't see on the top of it, all marble and tile, and could fit about 10 people. Also has cool mood lighting. I really, really miss it.
167371597.J2srQCTK.DSC03008.JPG

167371598.rdgyNnaA.DSC03010.JPG

The toilet and dressing room are around the corner. This entire upstairs bathroom was about $270,000.
That bath tub is made for two. The fixtures are so huge it makes the bath tub look smaller. It's also a spa with lighting effects, of course.

This is the master I stayed in while helping him. The alcove to the right there is a sitting room and ante room for the bathroom you just saw. The entire master room with bath, ante room, and wardrobe are about twice the size of my house here in Ireland. You have to nearly shout in the bathroom to be heard in the master.

167371601.euPe2js5.DSC03023.JPG

Kitchen. Sub Zero on the far wall, of course. There are 3 drawers for the dish washers custom fitted to the right of the sink. I mean the one of the right. The sink on the left is mostly a bar sink. There is a huge microwave hidden in there somewhere. Around the corner on the right is the pantry and wine cubby and another microwave and sink and a hidden washroom/bath beyond the pantry(for the help):
167371600.G1HabCMu.DSC03013.JPG

Reverse view towards the pool:

167371599.ihEhTxk5.DSC03012.JPG

Front of the house:

167380665.RGK6H7dH.DSC03147.JPG

Neighbours were attorneys:

167380664.WuzeQjMW.DSC03144.JPG

In case you are wondering what that last car on the right is: It's a turbo porsche, of course:

164995046.n3IkgImY.DSC03141.jpg

He rented me a Lambo for helping him, and also cause it was my BDay. They are stupid fast, but also beat the living daylights out of you and deafen you, and entry and exit is no easy task.

165215155.sqVcPOgZ.mediashare_34b92a.jpg

It cost more to rent than I spent on my current car. And people treat you one of two ways when they see you driving it, even in LA and OC. They either love you, or they hate you. It's sort of like driving a loud and bright BMW, except people shout things at you, and everyone wants to race you. Since I didn't care about points on my US license, I had a bit of fun. Never was pulled over, tho.

170716698.IU0BBGs3.DSC_0174.JPG

But now I am back in my poverty place in Ireland. It was nice to experience and live like the other .001% do for a while, but also profoundly depressing. All he ever thinks or cares about is his money. And I don't say that lightly. He is terrified of losing any of it, and he fled the US to avoid taxes that would have costed him millions. I can understand how and why the rich think like they do, and how they drive and run the US and piss all over the rest of us. He never really understood what it was like to not be wealthy. He never had to earn anything or make any sacrifice. He lived at home until he was nearly 50. Everything was handed to him. He never forged his own path or lived his own life. And, of course, he is never happy. I pity him as much as I envy him. It's like he is just passing through this life without a soul.

Wow.....

And, well said.

Almost every really wealthy person I've ever known was miserable.