Random pics (that you took) thread...

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its a 30x40. 12 foot walls. Concrete floor. Remember when i had both f150s torn apart? That was crowded!

Just take a few parking spots from the church. Community outreach?!:D
Oh ya! You had the f150 everywhere! Lol

umm, ya the church parking lot would be nice for expansion...but frowned upon! I park there every now and then

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh ya! You had the f150 everywhere! Lol

umm, ya the church parking lot would be nice for expansion...but frowned upon! I park there every now and then
I sure would like a shop myself, one day the economy will crap out again and I'll build one :D.
Speaking of the church building.
Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 12.51.06 AM.png
Then when we were coming home today from getting milk from the farm.
They stopped in the intersection to put the head on, I just wanted to go home :facepalm:, but at least I got a couple pictures and the kids enjoyed it.
Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 12.54.15 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 12.54.54 AM.png

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wind Cave National Park between Custer and Hot Springs, S.D. Bison were up on the roads today licking up road salt.
d26777674936578d741c1e703446a469.jpg
3cf6c176552482e989d8c28af3f3745e.jpg
ee7553d9bcddfa39e18d58315142fa3a.jpg
e93ade2acf19a4f43a9b32d7ba483b41.jpg
f27fdbf6b78fc9193c1c468a7126e08a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Is it covered under your insurance when they damage the truck trying to drink your slurpee :pancarta:.
Good thing it wasn't during a snow storm, that could have been a mess :eek:.
Great pictures!

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sure would like a shop myself, one day the economy will crap out again and I'll build one :D.
Speaking of the church building.
View attachment 205300
Then when we were coming home today from getting milk from the farm.
They stopped in the intersection to put the head on, I just wanted to go home :facepalm:, but at least I got a couple pictures and the kids enjoyed it.
View attachment 205301 View attachment 205302
I like the good economy, but it sucks for deals! I got some scores back in “the Great Recession” ! Just saying that make me feel old!
I have no space on my current postage stamp lot! I bought it as a foreclosure back in 2012, it was the bottom of the market so I can’t complain! I want to sell, and do something else, but I have a good neighbor, and that’s rare!!!!

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I like the good economy, but it sucks for deals! I got some scores back in “the Great Recession” ! Just saying that make me feel old!
I have no space on my current postage stamp lot! I bought it as a foreclosure back in 2012, it was the bottom of the market so I can’t complain! I want to sell, and do something else, but I have a good neighbor, and that’s rare!!!!
Ultra rare round here!

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Exactly, once we hit a low again then my tax assessment will go down as will materials and labor, that's time to build. In the meantime we paid it off and I'm working on many other projects around here, we have no plans to move and also have great neighbors. I cleared area for the pole building as well as leveled it, I have a few trees to take down that I want to drop into that hole, and I need to drop a few more for the drive that will curve instead of being straight(it will make it easy to sight side into the door when backing a trailer into the main bay. Main bay will be 48' off set to the right side(about 2' left of the right wall for storage) when looking at the 32' gable with a 12 or 14' door, then there will be 3 bays that will be angled off to the left from the main bay/drive in. It drives me nuts when someone had 4 cars in a barn and you need to get one of the back ones out and the others don't run, hopefully I'll never have them stacked up like that with this setup. There will also be two 12' lean-to's one will be for my tractor and all the implements as well as my mower and other yard type stuff and all my tree/climbing/rigging gear and my pole saw. The other will be half saw/sharpening shop and half parking for my wife with a door or doors(French, may be better insulated) between them so in the summer months I can open the shop up and do test cuts, run saws in there, and work on other small one off projects like sharpening my mower blades or working on a mower, I plan on having ac on this side only so...
You're not that old :D. I got hit by the one in the early 90's as well, it's cyclical so if one is patient and plans well deals will be there to have again. Plenty of deals to be had now though too as people think these times will last forever and give certain things away for much lower than they should. As far as savings go you don't always save much by buying when the market is low, unless you have multiple places because rents will always be ridiculous when the market is doing well. I just want to be sure that when I build my barn that the tax assessment will be the lowest it can because the tax bills just keep coming :confused:. Who knows maybe we'll just buy another house with more property and a huge barn when the market drops again lol.
We bought this one in 2010, foreclosure also, the Great Recession for some; I called it the half off sale, we got this one for a 1/4 of what it sold for in 1995 :beer-toast1:.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ultra rare round here!
There's almost always "that one". I find most times I can help make it a better experience by how I act/respond to their wacky behavior, but there are those who just don't want to behave any different. We all come from such differing backgrounds and have so many opinions on things in general it's almost always a good bit of work to be at peace with our neighbors.
The guy who lived in the house next to ours on the shared drive told me that the drive was not included in the sale of our house because it was solely on his property and he paid for it all. It is and there is nothing entered with the county so he's probably right in saying all that. He said he was going to put a fence up when someone bought this place, I said so you'll be tearing out the portion of the drive where the line is, he says no I'll just put it right across it o_O, I said if we win the bidding let me know if you need a hand with it:risas3:. We won the bidding and he never did a thing, I think he was trying to buy it himself and was hoping to scare folks away. I bid 3k more than they were asking(this isn't really done often in Michigan) as I knew the value of the location and the wooded lot as well as the full basement, nine yrs later you can't buy an unimproved lot with a few trees on it for what we paid for this. The coolest thing happened when we went to close as well, they gave us 2500 towards closing because our offer was accepted within the first 10 days of it being listed :applaudit:.

Last edited:

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Exactly, once we hit a low again then my tax assessment will go down as will materials and labor, that's time to build. In the meantime we paid it off and I'm working on many other projects around here, we have no plans to move and also have great neighbors. I cleared area for the pole building as well as leveled it, I have a few trees to take down that I want to drop into that hole, and I need to drop a few more for the drive that will curve instead of being straight(it will make it easy to sight side into the door when backing a trailer into the main bay. Main bay will be 48' off set to the right side(about 2' left of the right wall for storage) when looking at the 32' gable with a 12 or 14' door, then there will be 3 bays that will be angled off to the left from the main bay/drive in. It drives me nuts when someone had 4 cars in a barn and you need to get one of the back ones out and the others don't run, hopefully I'll never have them stacked up like that with this setup. There will also be two 12' lean-to's one will be for my tractor and all the implements as well as my mower and other yard type stuff and all my tree/climbing/rigging gear and my pole saw. The other will be half saw/sharpening shop and half parking for my wife with a door or doors(French, may be better insulated) between them so in the summer months I can open the shop up and do test cuts, run saws in there, and work on other small one off projects like sharpening my mower blades or working on a mower, I plan on having ac on this side only so...
You're not that old :D. I got hit by the one in the early 90's as well, it's cyclical so if one is patient and plans well deals will be there to have again. Plenty of deals to be had now though too as people think these times will last forever and give certain things away for much lower than they should. As far as savings go you don't always save much by buying when the market is low, unless you have multiple places because rents will always be ridiculous when the market is doing well. I just want to be sure that when I build my barn that the tax assessment will be the lowest it can because the tax bills just keep coming :confused:. Who knows maybe we'll just buy another house with more property and a huge barn when the market drops again lol.
We bought this one in 2010, foreclosure also, the Great Recession for some; I called it the half off sale, we got this one for a 1/4 of what it sold for in 1995 :beer-toast1:.
Know what ya mean! Young woman who grew up on the place I got for 40% of original ask, offered 4x what I'd paid eight years ago. Still a little under market from rumors from a man searching to buy.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Know what ya mean! Young woman who grew up on the place I got for 40% of original ask, offered 4x what I'd paid eight years ago. Still a little under market from rumors from a man searching to buy.
Yep you gotta do what you can to buy them right and hold them.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some lovely Autumn foliage at Powerscourt Waterfall in Wicklow Ireland today:

169965847.fADkZJiF.IMG_4085.jpg
169965849.BOTtbDjx.IMG_4045.jpg
169965850.HHPLZLqa.IMG_4042.jpg
169965851.bn2aWgUh.IMG_4022.jpg
169965852.6hwd0gdS.IMG_4013.jpg
That's beautiful!
Our our colors are probably as full as they will be right now. Colder weather coming tonight and rain/snow will knock the rest of many leaves off, many of the maples have already lost all their leaves.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did some wood piling bedor the rain. Supposed to rain now till friday morning.
Still have quite a bit still to go.View attachment 205486 View attachment 205487
Looks good.
I see the fiscars and the cover in there :).
I got a cord loaded on the trailer tarped and ready to go as soon as the weather breaks, hope I can get it delivered in the morning and another loaded, should be my last one for this customer. Brought a wheelbarrow of odds into the house that I'm burning now too.
Split a bit the other day for myself, I need to finish loading the woodshed before the snow comes to stay, I hate pulling wood out from under a tarp. Do you have the siding stripped so you can build a lean to over the woodpile.
This load burned for quite a while, I reloaded and started the next fire off the coals over 12hrs later. That's easier to accomplish when it's not below 30 degrees, sure the house was above 72 for a while, but it was 72 when we woke up and my wife likes that :loveyou: :D.
Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 11.41.50 PM.png

Last edited: