Local time
11:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my Coleman propane camp grill of all places
1c2141c9c22acdf8f5882dd6e7e55d7c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Holy. I would literally crap myself if i seen a snake like that.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, I was beginning to worry about the gunk on the crown. If it were brownish, I woulda been OK, but it was BLACK. It wasn't all over the crown - just the flow pattern area. But it alarmed me some. The top of the piston did go cleaner after I ran Power1 Racing in it. We should also keep in mind this was a super high compression, finger ported cylinder that was Randy's own saw. And she liked to run hot. I had to sell her off - too hot a saw for a working saw. I think in a typical 044 you might not see as much benol combustion in the chamber.

BTW, Maxxima Castor 927 cost significantly less here than K2 does. It also cost less than Stihl Ultra, and half what Castrol 747 does. I've not seen Klotz or Amsoil here. I would love to run Techniplate. Hrm... I may invest in a 500ML bottle of 927 to run on occasion to plate the P&C a bit after I clean it up and install the new piston.

Not the best pic, but you can see some black in the exhaust directional arrow on the piston top and the swirl pattern as well as a touch of carbon creeping in on the exhaust port in the lower right there:

158072784.wDrK93tZ.927pist3.jpg

And this is what the piston side looked like after 5 gallons. The muffler itself came a bit darker as well. You can see it speckled with carbon.
158072783.8GKRdu3q.927pist2.jpg

The Bosh Chinese plug Randy sent with it after 5 gals of 927:

158073086.5Y8El4ju.927plug.jpg

That looks just fine. If it starts getting into the ring lands and the sides of the piston is when it’s a problem. If the transfer area is clean and the rest is hard that’s okay.

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For me it's a matter of 40" range of diameters. My splitter groans pretty good at 32" dia. 1st split. But then warranty is good for about 23 months, but moving that chunk around under vertical wedge PITA.
Found out the longer ramps need finished. Red oak on ground was noodled for lift into van, maple on top rolled right in. Didn't even use ramp in the van.
The 661c I got at trading post, is getting better broke in. Now my shooting muffs need come along.:clap2:

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, I was beginning to worry about the gunk on the crown. If it were brownish, I woulda been OK, but it was BLACK. It wasn't all over the crown - just the flow pattern area. But it alarmed me some. The top of the piston did go cleaner after I ran Power1 Racing in it. We should also keep in mind this was a super high compression, finger ported cylinder that was Randy's own saw. And she liked to run hot. I had to sell her off - too hot a saw for a working saw. I think in a typical 044 you might not see as much benol combustion in the chamber.

BTW, Maxxima Castor 927 cost significantly less here than K2 does. It also cost less than Stihl Ultra, and half what Castrol 747 does. I've not seen Klotz or Amsoil here. I would love to run Techniplate. Hrm... I may invest in a 500ML bottle of 927 to run on occasion to plate the P&C a bit after I clean it up and install the new piston.

Not the best pic, but you can see some black in the exhaust directional arrow on the piston top and the swirl pattern as well as a touch of carbon creeping in on the exhaust port in the lower right there:

158072784.wDrK93tZ.927pist3.jpg

And this is what the piston side looked like after 5 gallons. The muffler itself came a bit darker as well. You can see it speckled with carbon.
158072783.8GKRdu3q.927pist2.jpg

The Bosh Chinese plug Randy sent with it after 5 gals of 927:

158073086.5Y8El4ju.927plug.jpg
Wonder if it's because there is less demand.
I've got a ported 440, it runs very well, just not a big fan of the stihl straight top handle. I like that many of their smaller saw have a bit more of an angle.
I had a bit of damage on the front of my piston from debris, the muffler that I got with the saw had 5 holes drilled on the front that I let go, they are now welded shut.
This was before I started running primarily maxima. I'll run others at 40:1, but I'm not a fan of the stihl ultra, a buddy of mine says it semens like plastic soldiers burning. He must have burnt a few:flamethrower2::risas3:.
I should sell mine too, only large stihl I have, I have at least 10 bars that would fit it. I sold my ported 361 earlier this summer so the only large mount I have at the house now is an ms291 :cunaooooo:, it will be sold this fall on craigslist.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found out the longer ramps need finished. Red oak on ground was noodled for lift into van, maple on top rolled right in. Didn't even use ramp in the van.
The 661c I got at trading post, is getting better broke in. Now my shooting muffs need come along.:clap2:
So are you telling us that you haven't been wearing your ears :eek:.
My ears ring any time theres no background noise(really all the time), I don't wear mine sometimes when I'm using the baby saws, but last night I wore them running the ms200 rear handle as she barks pretty good.
Dropped this 10" box elder last night with it as well as a 8-9" cherry. I was shooting for the field goal(between the two trees) and got it, wasn't sure she was gonna spin down in there as it had a big curve and an odd canopy. This was the last of the damaged trees from the storm in our front yard. I planned on taking it out anyway to open up the area for the maple on the left, because the storm ripped two of the larger branches of I didn't have to climb it. Bummer is I have six 2-3" branches broken in the back yard from the same storm I have to climb to get now, I would have rather done the box elder lol.
Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 7.41.58 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 7.42.35 AM.png

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wonder if it's because there is less demand.
I've got a ported 440, it runs very well, just not a big fan of the stihl straight top handle. I like that many of their smaller saw have a bit more of an angle.
I had a bit of damage on the front of my piston from debris, the muffler that I got with the saw had 5 holes drilled on the front that I let go, they are now welded shut.
This was before I started running primarily maxima. I'll run others at 40:1, but I'm not a fan of the stihl ultra, a buddy of mine says it semens like plastic soldiers burning. He must have burnt a few:flamethrower2::risas3:.
I should sell mine too, only large stihl I have, I have at least 10 bars that would fit it. I sold my ported 361 earlier this summer so the only large mount I have at the house now is an ms291 :cunaooooo:, it will be sold this fall on craigslist.

The markets in Europe are so different from the US, it's difficult to tell. I am aware there are far more two stroke scooters in Europe. Well, far more two stroke everything. They are currently working on hammering them out, but until then, loads of folks with scoots like them to smell nice, and even prefer natural oil, or at least a perceived natural substance since castor can be so refined now. So castor, and even fragranced castor, are popular. In low output, low heat scooters, castor doesn't cause issues, and may be beneficial.
Castor basically makes a 2t engine smell great. I can see the allure.

Again, I think my main issue was the saw running hot. It had over 200 psi up at Randy's altitude. At 200ft next to the Suir river in cold dense air here in Waterford, she produced nearly 225psi. That is just way more than I needed. And, frankly, she was a bit mad even as ported saws go. Great for racing, not so good for the work you see here, day in and day out.

Shes holding well over 12K here in hardwood with a 30 inch 98DL bar pulling semi chisel chain in cold dense air. If you look closely, you can see the tach I have mounted to the air filter cover:

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just spent like an hour searching for Klotz in Europe. No go. But 927 is everywhere. As is 747, but that stuff is expensive.
I also came across a promotional vid from Maxima where a guy says 927 is their most popular oil.