High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Random pics (that you took) thread...

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
12:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Worst yard job ever - restacking and trying to level a 60 year old mortared stone wall. Nothing goes back together right. 1/2 done. Looks like crap but going with " it's better than it was".
View attachment 178386
I'll pressure wash it and pipe mortar in some of the big cracks to clean it up a bit. That's later... I have no access to the back yard or would have tore it out completely and did a new nice versalock.

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm embarrassed by my wall re stack job. This wall's a little better. I Designed and built for my nephew a few summers ago. I think there were 50 some cuts just to make the curved bench area. It's funny, construction and landscaping is not what I do for a living. I'm actually a registered nurse.

DSCF4055.JPG DSCF4056.JPG DSCF4057.JPG DSCF4059.JPG

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My jackass neighbors property is opposite side of the road from me and is right down near a creek that runs year round. This time of year the water piles up and the creek widens out quite far. I've seen water 1-2 ft awar fron his foundation. The house should never have ben allowed to have been built and he was stupid enough to buy it but that is a different matter.

This year he has resorted to blocking the culvert that drains water from my property side ditch, under the road to his side to make its way into the creek. I pulled the plug for a second time yesterday morning and drained the ditch. The day before I called the county to let them know the water is about 1' from cresting the ditch. A foreman came out promptly yesterday morning and I explained what was happening and that I found a plug and pulled it but I didn't want any trouble with the neighbor and would talk with him. The foreman asked if I wanted my ditches dug and I say certainly. I told him once he looked where the culvert exits he would put 2 and 2 together on the whole situation. He looked at the culvert on both side and left.

I got a call from the neighbor asking me what was up, that his wife said someone was out front. I told him I was and that I pulled the plug he put in the culvert. I told him water was backing up on my property and that it would cause damage to the road and ditches eventually. I also didnt appreciate the water backing up on my property. His reply was that he didnt think it was my property, thought it was the other neighbors (loke that makes it ok) and then asked me if it was affecting me.

I explained again that the water was backing up on my property and flooding it ect... :BangHead:

I exaplained that the county highway foreman came out to meet me to dig the ditchs and his wife might have seen him on his property looking at where the culvert exited...

He was astonished they came out. "How did you get them out there so quickly" he asked. LoL I just told him that I contacted them last fall and again this spring but the truth is because I told them the water was going to crest the road...

Water was all of 3ft deep or slightly more. Only thing I didnt take pictures of was the plug he put in it. We'll see if he put it back in or not. If it is I may have to send him a message and leave it in his front seat of his truck.

Did I mention I hate neighbors? I only have one good one.
View attachment 176033 View attachment 176034 View attachment 176035 View attachment 176036 View attachment 176037
Everything came to ahead yesterday regarding this issue. Cops were called after things got physical. This guy acts like I need to control nature and make water flow up hill.

Long of the short is, the county came and dug the ditches and he was not pleased and said more water was going to come on his property. I told him to contact the county and speak to them because I do not control them or tell them how much of the ditch to clean.

So just for good measure, today I went down and cleaned my driveway culvert to make sure water can get across to the other side of the cleaned ditch.

I also had a chat with the DEC police about some filling and grading taking place in a wetland adjacent boundary.

Next on my list is cutting firewood with my ported 288, probably up until 8pm tomorrow

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
11:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everything came to ahead yesterday regarding this issue. Cops were called after things got physical. This guy acts like I need to control nature and make water flow up hill.

Long of the short is, the county came and dug the ditches and he was not pleased and said more water was going to come on his property. I told him to contact the county and speak to them because I do not control them or tell them how much of the ditch to clean.

So just for good measure, today I went down and cleaned my driveway culvert to make sure water can get across to the other side of the cleaned ditch.

I also had a chat with the DEC police about some filling and grading taking place in a wetland adjacent boundary.

Next on my list is cutting firewood with my ported 288, probably up until 8pm tomorrow

So did the dude go to jail?

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So did the dude go to jail?
Nope, the state cop told me it's not assault unless a cop witness it or if there is serious injury. In this case, even though he swung at me it only harassment and the inky thing the cop can do is submit statements from both parties and let the DA decide if they want to prosecute. If the DA does then he gets arrested.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope, the state cop told me it's not assault unless a cop witness it or if there is serious injury. In this case, even though he swung at me it only harassment and the inky thing the cop can do is submit statements from both parties and let the DA decide if they want to prosecute. If the DA does then he gets arrested.

Well *s-word!
When he plugged the culvert did he have to trespass on to your property?

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Yes and no.
It would be useful, but I have a feeling it would be a money pit too.
It cranked way longer than I liked before it fired, interior is trash. Handles broken, seat appears to have had Andre the giant do jumping jacks on it.
Tires are crap, and the hydraulics leak down.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes and no.
It would be useful, but I have a feeling it would be a money pit too.
It cranked way longer than I liked before it fired, interior is trash. Handles broken, seat appears to have had Andre the giant do jumping jacks on it.
Tires are crap, and the hydraulics leak down.

In that case. Go to the auction, 1500 tops