Random pics (that you took) thread...

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just got back from the urgent care clinic, fractured my wrist when I slipped on ice in a customer driveway. Tools flew everywhere, never found my little pipe cutters, or my flux brush. I didn't look too hard though. Managed to finish the job thanks the DPW guy that was there to turn the water back on. He ended up tightening the compression nuts to attach the meter and the final torque on a copper female adapter for me
4313b3600c4f8fc6d68a9979e02583a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Dang Mitch.
If theres anything I can do to help let me know, you all set on wood. You know theres a good number of guys pretty close over on FWC too.
We just went and dropped off some cornbread to a friend who is talking it along with some chili down to feed the homeless in GR. He came out of the house and was walking out to his truck telling me how slippery it was when I told him to be careful, gets to the end of the drive just past the sidewalk and his feet come right out from under him, with the chili in a crockpot in his hands :yikes:. The chili/crockpot went flying and he hit the ground and fell flat on his back just missing his head. If it wasn't for the crockpot he very well could be in the same situation as you. Oh the chili was unharmed as there was a lid on the crockpot, got lucky on both accounts.

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dang Mitch.
If theres anything I can do to help let me know, you all set on wood. You know theres a good number of guys pretty close over on FWC too.
We just went and dropped off some cornbread to a friend who is talking it along with some chili down to feed the homeless in GR. He came out of the house and was walking out to his truck telling me how slippery it was when I told him to be careful, gets to the end of the drive just past the sidewalk and his feet come right out from under him, with the chili in a crockpot in his hands :yikes:. The chili/crockpot went flying and he hit the ground and fell flat on his back just missing his head. If it wasn't for the crockpot he very well could be in the same situation as you. Oh the chili was unharmed as there was a lid on the crockpot, got lucky on both accounts.
I should be good. I did plan on putting up a good half cord this weekend( still doing it the hard way) for the future, but that'll have to wait. I really wanted to try my new HB splitter, and the new Husqvarna splitter

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I should be good. I did plan on putting up a good half cord this weekend( still doing it the hard way) for the future, but that'll have to wait. I really wanted to try my new HB splitter, and the new Husqvarna splitter

Well if anything changes let me know and I'll get the Calvary together for a mini gtg.
What's the "HB" splitter.

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well if anything changes let me know and I'll get the Calvary together for a mini gtg.
What's the "HB" splitter.
This fantastically built thing! It's pretty compared to my beat up old fiskars
de83714bcee9cdbd518e13fb205e70a4.jpg

Last edited:

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 30 amp plug im my garage. I thought about making a cord, Male on both ends to connect the generator. Just need to disconnect the main supply breaker when using it. Shouldn't be much more than that right?
Yes. You can back feed through that plug and 30 amp breaker... just make sure you turn off the main breaker when you do it.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I’m in Trinity County. We lost power for just about a whole day... some of the outlying areas are still out two days later. Our local power company (not PG&E thank god) is really good about getting it back online as quickly as possible.

It was a good excuse to finally get my generator hooked into my panel... ran it for about 6hrs before they got the power back on.

View attachment 165486 View attachment 165487

I use the exact same interlock system here on the gen. Love it, you can run what you want just by switching breakers. ( mine is only 30 amp ) But it runs 2, 220 volt well pumps and most of the house. ( exp. the hot water heater amd the oven )

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use the exact same interlock system here on the gen. Love it, you can run what you want just by switching breakers. ( mine is only 30 amp ) But it runs 2, 220 volt well pumps and most of the house. ( exp. the hot water heater and the oven )
The interlock is just extra peace of mind for me.

I just have mine on a 30 amp as well. It definitely simplifies the whole process... Much better than having a spiders web of extension cords running all through the house. :rolleyes:

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Since I am next to the last person on the line with the electric coop, We both have gens, As we have been over two weeks here before with out electric. ( hurricane Isabele 2003 ) 16 days with out electricity. 101_0042.JPG 101_0042.JPG 0101_0037.JPG 101_0039.JPG 101_0041.JPG

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I just have mine on a 30 amp as well. It definitely simplifies the whole process... Much better than having a spiders web of extension cords running all through the house. :rolleyes:

The power coop also put a 200 amp disconect on the farm shop, where I can shut off all power here as not to back feed the lines. ( and I get a farm discount )

Last edited:

grizz55chev

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I believe it’s also code, not that it means that much. I’ve been using a suicide cord for 22 yrs.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The new Husqvarna. Like I said the hard way! :) it's fun though
99613804c32df0bc32a2fb9f80ff7586.jpg

Those both look nice.. I've got a couple fiscars here, 27 and a 25 I think, I've used them a bit, but the hydraulic is my go to.
I by/sell hydraulic splitters so I just use them while they are here, gotta have proof they work.
Not sure if I posted this here, I did somewhere lol. my split and seasoned wood is under the tarp, it's an 8' side semi tarp, it covers some of the pile.
Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 5.00.13 PM.png

Drptrch

Coastal Fartknocker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use the exact same interlock system here on the gen. Love it, you can run what you want just by switching breakers. ( mine is only 30 amp ) But it runs 2, 220 volt well pumps and most of the house. ( exp. the hot water heater amd the oven )

This is what’s on mine, mounted next to my meter and panel.
cffafea5daa69fa4dc48f0874049df3a.jpg
Generator is on opposite side of house, and about 150’ away from house, wired thru attic then underground to generator.
c6412e35c9b26306b76e71b3f937968a.jpg
Also have 2 well pumps and a booster pump from our tanks back to house
9847bff9669fadf8cebb4bfb7453b841.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe some decomposition heat there? Geothermal feature nearby? Maybe probe the ground with a thermometer 3ft down in and around the hole and see what you find. Sounds like an interesting project for whenever you have free time. Try a FLIR camera too. There might just be some chemical spill there (gas, alcohol, antifreeze, salt/fertilizer).