Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
2:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why the new right valve cover? Was there a big hole in it by cylinder 3?
Someone over-tightened the coil hold down bolts and cracked the webbing and bolt holes. One was so tight that a piece of the cover came off with the bolt. Got a number 7 cylinder contribution problem right now, traced it to a jacked up coil plug. Ordered a pigtail for it to fix it tuesday. Other valve cover is cracked in same way as well but the webbing is intact.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Someone over-tightened the coil hold down bolts and cracked the webbing and bolt holes. One was so tight that a piece of the cover came off with the bolt. Got a number 7 cylinder contribution problem right now, traced it to a jacked up coil plug. Ordered a pigtail for it to fix it tuesday. Other valve cover is cracked in same way as well but the webbing is intact.

I've had 3 of them over the years with a big oil leak because there is a chunk missing from the valve cover by cylinder 3. Have no idea why.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had 3 of them over the years with a big oil leak because there is a chunk missing from the valve cover by cylinder 3. Have no idea why.
This is an 05 and I noticed that they changed the valve covers at least 3 times according to the part number progression. This is the latest one and only uses 8 bolts rather than the original 14/15. Bolt was locked into number 4 if I remember correctly.

Wilhelm

I'm here for the sick'n twisted company
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
9:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
3:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My '88 v30 crew cab had a death wobble. Rebuilt the hubs repacked the bearings and did U-joints. Was smooth sailing after that. But most weren't that lucky. Guess there was a plague of problems they develop and cause the wobble.

Steven
i did springs and bushings on the kingpins, which helped a little. never did get into the hubs tho, probly shouldve haha

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Squareground3691

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's crazy how much busier the park is these days vs 20 years or so ago. Back then there were so few people we had no problem stopping in places on the going to the sun road for pics as there were no cars behind us.
In 2019 the parking lot at Logans pass was fully 7:30am.
Yup , we were at Logan’s at 6:30 am every day to park , and hike , It’s a cool ride just to get there in the morning, the views are second to none, I’ve been to all the big NP, s and I can say it’s my favorite one ,definitely the most remote, if you like to hike the backcountry, would go back there again and again, 👍