Raffle to help a Hurricane Irma victim

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am sure everyone is aware of the vast devastation of the recent hurricanes. I have a good friend who lost his house and everything in it. The morning of the 10th, a tornado ripped the roof off of his house and over the next 24 hours everything inside the house was soaked. The real kicker is his wife is about 4 months from having their first child. They plan to rebuild but the time frame obviously is beyond baby time. They have lodging figured out at this point but I do not think they fully know how bad it will set them back. Sure the insurance company promises a check but ...well anyone that has ever dealt with an insurance claim knows you always come up short.

I kept thinking what can I do and then it hit me... I have a 359xp sitting here to build. It has a ported top end to go on it, Hyway, that Red97 ported and sent to me. He sent it to me knowing I would need to do some clean up on it as he was headed back out of town in short order. Termitebuffet / Randy D has offered to double check everything before it's bolted down. The saw will have new seals and if the bottom end is suspect, it will get split and new bearings too. I think I have a 20" 3/8 Bar and Chain I can send along with this saw. Pictures of the saw will come in the next day or two. If I can find some other things to add I will.

Shipping is all on me to the continental US and if an international winner is picked, we will sort it out.

OTHER PRIZES BY GENEROUS MEMBERS!

@paragonbuilder / Dan - Port Job!
@tree monkey / Scott - Port Job!
@nixon - 28" ES 91DL .050" been mounted and never run with a loop of chain
@RandyMac - Tin Logger cap that he is willing to sign

They have a "Go Fund Me" https://www.gofundme.com/tornado-relief-for-patti-and-phil

How I would like to run this is:

Every $10 donated gets an entry. $50 will get you 6.

Donate to "Go Fund Me" with your name and then add "OPE" to the note. THEN send me a PM here on OPE and let me know your real name so I can be sure to add you to the list! The cut off will be Sunday Oct. 8th at 6 pm EST. At that point I will total all of the entries and use a number generator to pick the winner off a spread sheet where I enter the entries. I will attempt to make a video of the whole selection process as everyone loves a video.

I've never run anything like this before and I am open to constructive comments to help me get through it. They have not asked for a thing and give to others all the time... this time I want to help them all I can.

Jimmy
23c83c7e0cac5430aa3acb9319f873cf.jpg
301e07a71b37e63da477ae65dd69e07b.jpg
6c907209abf1f87100658efcf0a90242.jpg
c89fad51234078804079e95ee9ea7cc8.jpg
eada3a43429df24a211aef65bf7d44e1.jpg
f16a59a22651446a9670f00bd23a5a52.jpg

Last edited:

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pictures added. I think I have a better top cover too...have to dig. Ordered some new seals today from HL.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ill be digging to see what I can find else to throw in. I moved a year ago and liquidated lots of saw stuff at that point when I lost storage. May have find a few other bits some where in a box.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well tracking says parts will be here from HL today. Thinking I will just split it down for good measure. Pictures to follow most likely this week. I have a floor system to finish up and hope to stand a wall or two also.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd like to sweeten the pot for you Jimmy, I'll offer a woods port as a raffle item. As long as the winner can be patient.
Dan that is awesome!

I will edit the first post when I get a PC fired up.

Last edited: