High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Pressure\vacuum test via spark plug hole??

Crzybowhntr

Apprentice Slacker
Local time
8:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm having some issues doing it via the impulse hose on a husky 350 and am curious if I can try it through the plug hole? I plan to take the Schrader valve out of my compression tester hose and hook my pressure tester hose up to it.

I assume I would hook the impulse hose back up to the intake boot and keep the rubber block off pieces between the carb and intake and the one between the cylinder and muffler???

I know this is elementary to most but...

Crzybowhntr

Apprentice Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I could swear I got drunk one time and found a video of @Brush Ape, on YouTube, putting his whole mouth over the muffler to see if it would hold his cheeks sucked in. :cunaooooo:

He also had his thumb in the carb hole.
I'm just glad that it was his thumb and not his ... in the plug hole.

a. palmer jr.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took an old spark plug and beat the ceramic center out of it and epoxied a small piece of copper tubing into it, hooked up the pressure hose and a blood pressure bulb and gauge to it..

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use the bench bleeding ports out of a new brake master cylinder kit. And a little Teflon tape.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm having some issues doing it via the impulse hose on a husky 350 and am curious if I can try it through the plug hole? I plan to take the Schrader valve out of my compression tester hose and hook my pressure tester hose up to it.

I assume I would hook the impulse hose back up to the intake boot and keep the rubber block off pieces between the carb and intake and the one between the cylinder and muffler???

I know this is elementary to most but...

Just have the piston positioned at bottom dead center for checking through the spark plug hole, if from the crankcase, just the opposite, place the piston at top dead center. Husqvarna, Stihl and maybe some AM manufacturers make spark plug hole adapters for pressure/vacuum checking two stroke engines, if it's something you plan on doing a lot.

Crzybowhntr

Apprentice Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just have the piston positioned at bottom dead center for checking through the spark plug hole, if from the crankcase, just the opposite, place the piston at top dead center. Husqvarna, Stihl and maybe some AM manufacturers make spark plug hole adapters for pressure/vacuum checking two stroke engines, if it's something you plan on doing a lot.
Thanks for the heads up. In this case, the husky 350 was leaking air so bad around the intake boot that it did not matter where I began the process. It was leaking as fast as I could pump. New parts on order and will recheck after install. New p/c, cylinder gasket, wrist pin bearing, updated clamp and new partition thingy...

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the heads up. In this case, the husky 350 was leaking air so bad around the intake boot that it did not matter where I began the process. It was leaking as fast as I could pump. New parts on order and will recheck after install. New p/c, cylinder gasket, wrist pin bearing, updated clamp and new partition thingy...

Quite common place for failure on this model. Glad you worked through and figured it out.