Pickaroons

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They usually don't ask for it back. They'll just send you a new one. They might ask for a photo.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had a couple things replaced by Fiskars in the past. Not a pickaroon. Unfortunately all their new crap comes from china. Junk. Not like the originals when they were made in Finland or wherever.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
In your case, yes

For smaller stuff, it really aint bad

Have you had one replaced under warranty ?

I’ve had a hookaroon and x27 axe replaced under warranty from Fiskars. I will say in both cases I was far harder on the tools than they were likely designed for. I’m not even sure they actually even looked at the pictures I sent as the replacement too almost had to have shipped before I sent the picture in. I could probably have got away with a pic of a broke down dent puller.

The x27 axe I actually pulled out of a dumpster. It had a short hair line crack in the handle. It couldn’t even be seen in the picture they asked me to take. I beat the head off that axe for 5 more years pounding felling wedges with it. The replacement has held up well too having had a couple butts come off the stump onto it.

I busted the tip (easy fellers it was just the tip;)) off the hookaroon using it in x-large rounds. The problem I had is I would embed it in the round too deep to handle the extra weight of the round and wiggle it side to side to remove it. That eventually stressed the metal and broke it. I believe with as light as the tool is it’s designed for smaller rounds or just pulling stuff out of the back of a pick up. It works great for reaching across the splitter to grab splits that have fallen off on the other side. Saving a trip around the splitter. Just like with saws it’s not the only hook/pickaroon I’d recommend having.