Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
7:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I so worked 28 hours straight today brought the storm... we had a four hour block where we were not answering calls due to wind speed and power lines coming down. Orange County had one rescue trapped for two hours by falling power lines, we ran an extrication on a rescue that wrecked with a trauma alert in the back running code.

Tons of cars and houses crushed by trees. Downtown Orlando has a huge amount of old live oaks that are surrounded by houses/streeets/sidewalks. From 0500 9/11 we were doing road clearing with saws so that we had access to our first due. Still about 45% of the trees are down and blocking some road access.

Had an apartment fire at 2200 on 9/10 due to power lines falling on a two story garden apartment ..... first time I've fought a fire in 60 mph winds and rain in 16years.

Pine hills area flooded with 6ft of water, OCFD/OFD deployed multiple boats for rescues.

OPD SWAT had a stand off with multiple looters at the Mall of Millenia Academy Sports... they initially came out with long guns and I thought they where going down in a blaze of glory, but they surrendered when the winds started getting bad and got scared .

We have had an additional 5 units in service everyday to help handle the call load. People doing stupid stuff, touching power lines, falling of ladders, getting cut with there brand new saws and had 4 dead in house from running there generator in the house.

Most guys on my crew still don't have power, FPL and Duke are saying they should have all power restored to the east coast by the 17th. The Lineman are doing an amazing job, can't thank them enough for there hard work.

I have about 20 large oaks on my property,none came down. Did loose part of my pool enclosure due to a limb crushing the support.... have massive amounts of yard debris , all the way up to 6" dia limbs. Got power back on Tuesday.

I have tree removal jobs lined up for the next 5-days I'm off. Some *a-holes are really trying to price gouge the people in Central Florida. I followed up a quote for (3) standing yellow pine removals , not near the house, that a unlicensed crew stated $6000.00 to drop and no removal.

Thanks for sharing how things are. I appreciate it.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for all your hard work and service ffchewy.
Be safe. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@USMC615 how did you fair from the storm
My property/home did ok...lost a handful of limbs from some oaks and a maple, but nothing of any real size. Power blinked a couple of times but never lost it throughout the ordeal. Many got the chitty end of the stick though. Appreciate asking bro!

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"> of Sister Margaret Ann in action. Thank you to all of our neighbors that are working together to get through this! We are <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MiamiDadeStrong?src=hash">#MiamiDadeStrong</a> <a href="https://t.co/5tG6nzk7Ye">pic.twitter.com/5tG6nzk7Ye</a></p>&mdash; Miami-Dade Police (@MiamiDadePD) <a href=" ">September 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is pretty badass. I wish someone could take the time to show her how to do it right and be safe, though...

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I so worked 28 hours straight today brought the storm... we had a four hour block where we were not answering calls due to wind speed and power lines coming down. Orange County had one rescue trapped for two hours by falling power lines, we ran an extrication on a rescue that wrecked with a trauma alert in the back running code.

Tons of cars and houses crushed by trees. Downtown Orlando has a huge amount of old live oaks that are surrounded by houses/streeets/sidewalks. From 0500 9/11 we were doing road clearing with saws so that we had access to our first due. Still about 45% of the trees are down and blocking some road access.

Had an apartment fire at 2200 on 9/10 due to power lines falling on a two story garden apartment ..... first time I've fought a fire in 60 mph winds and rain in 16years.

Pine hills area flooded with 6ft of water, OCFD/OFD deployed multiple boats for rescues.

OPD SWAT had a stand off with multiple looters at the Mall of Millenia Academy Sports... they initially came out with long guns and I thought they where going down in a blaze of glory, but they surrendered when the winds started getting bad and got scared .

We have had an additional 5 units in service everyday to help handle the call load. People doing stupid stuff, touching power lines, falling of ladders, getting cut with there brand new saws and had 4 dead in house from running there generator in the house.

Most guys on my crew still don't have power, FPL and Duke are saying they should have all power restored to the east coast by the 17th. The Lineman are doing an amazing job, can't thank them enough for there hard work.

I have about 20 large oaks on my property,none came down. Did loose part of my pool enclosure due to a limb crushing the support.... have massive amounts of yard debris , all the way up to 6" dia limbs. Got power back on Tuesday.

I have tree removal jobs lined up for the next 5-days I'm off. Some *a-holes are really trying to price gouge the people in Central Florida. I followed up a quote for (3) standing yellow pine removals , not near the house, that a unlicensed crew stated $6000.00 to drop and no removal.
Your awesome man! $6000 scumbag can go to hell!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"> of Sister Margaret Ann in action. Thank you to all of our neighbors that are working together to get through this! We are <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MiamiDadeStrong?src=hash">#MiamiDadeStrong</a> <a href="https://t.co/5tG6nzk7Ye">pic.twitter.com/5tG6nzk7Ye</a></p>&mdash; Miami-Dade Police (@MiamiDadePD) <a href=" ">September 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is pretty badass. I wish someone could take the time to show her how to do it right and be safe, though...
If you been on the receiving end of a nuns ruler you wouldn't be think that saw is cool lol.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
5:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I feel deeply for all those who've lost in these two storms. It's unbelievable. Those in Texas and Florida are in for some serious rebuilding which is going to take a very long time. I wish I was in a position where I could load up tools and materials to go there and help.
Another area hit hard was the U.S. Virgin Islands, which are completely decimated and most residents there have absolutely nothing left. No food or water and it is reported they fear they're going to be forgotten as a result of the entire scale of Irma.

Godspeed

riverrat2

Semper Fidelis
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Cracker Boy and @Motorhead how are you and any other members from the Florida storm making out?

@riverrat2 same thing how are you or any other members from the Texas Hurricane doing?
Thanks for asking,,

I'm Making it,,,, I got 4-6" of water in the house,,,, lived there 26 years, I have went through 2 major Hurricanes and several tropical storms,,,water never was an Issue,,,,

This one just moved so slow and pounded us with rain,,, One of my saw repair customers Had 3.5 feet in his house

an Hour after the water peaked at my house you could tell it was going down,,,

Pretty well sucks,, But all in all I'm way better than many folks

Out of power for about 4 days, Luckily I live right behind the high school and they usually use it for Linemen power guy crews,,, and have it powered up pretty quick,,,

some people still no power for another week or so,,,,

those linemen and first responders are some awesome folks

Last edited:

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for asking,,

I'm Making it,,,, I got 4-6" of water in the house,,,, lived there 26 years, I have went through 2 major Hurricanes and several tropical storms,,,water never was an Issue,,,,

This one just moved so slow and pounded us with rain,,, One of my saw repair customers Had 3.5 feet in his house

an Hour after the water peaked at my house you could tell it was going down,,,

Pretty well sucks

Out of power for about 4 days, Luckily I live right behind the high school and they usually use it for Linemen power guy crews,,, and have it powered up pretty quick,,,

some people still no power for another week or so,,,,

those linemen and first responders are some awesome folks
Dam so I take it all the damaged carpet and dry wall is cut out?

Do you have Flood insurance?

10 years ago we had 7" of rain in an hour flooded my moms basement. Cutting the carpet in little squares helped alot for removal.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We got our power back this morning after a 68 hour period without it. Generator saved our freezer/fridge stuff. Thankful the temps were cool and we didn't need AC.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Compliments to 93.3 WMMR in Philly. Today's Bazzarro File this AM said, two idiots arrested in FL for stealing a JE new power pole off the pile and loading it on their car roof. LMAO

Them boys got some grunt they should hire their asses or put them on a chain gang looters clean up crew. Are you listening out there Sheriffs and Constables?

riverrat2

Semper Fidelis
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dam so I take it all the damaged carpet and dry wall is cut out?

Do you have Flood insurance?

10 years ago we had 7" of rain in an hour flooded my moms basement. Cutting the carpet in little squares helped alot for removal.

No on the flood insurance,,,, I am 6' above the flood zone where it is required,,,

Never flooded before,,, unfortunately,,, hindsight is always 20/20 as they say,,,

Lost all my deer meat and fish/shrimp in the freezer,,, 0nly one room had carpet, all the rest was ceramic tile and red oak hard wood flooring,

Lost a 9' X 12' Persian rug that my mom left me but for the most part that's about it,,,,

Sheet rock cut out and drying ,,,, carpet is out,,, hard wood flooring not buckling yet,,,,,, may make it with mold treatment/sanding and refinish,,,,

It;s a pretty big mess but I will figure it out

Last edited:

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We got some bad weather here in South Georgia starting early Monday morning. I worked the night shift on Sunday and I had to stop and saw down a tree to make it home Monday morning.

After the storm was over, I had a total of 6 trees down and 2 of those smashed my fence. I lost a few shingles on the house too.

I was without power for 107 hours and I finally got it back on this afternoon. A generator made things bearable for Mrs PissRev and Jr. It could have been much worse.

The upside to this is that I have a reason to run my saws instead of just cutting cookies.

6WNdVs.jpg

5_hZng.jpg

Last edited:

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No on the flood insurance,,,, I am 6' above the flood zone where it is required,,,

Never flooded before,,, unfortunately,,, hindsight is always 20/20 as they say,,,

Lost all my deer meat and fish/shrimp in the freezer,,, 0nly one room had carpet, all the rest was ceramic tile and red oak hard wood flooring,

Lost a 9' X 12' Persian rug that my mom left me but for the most part that's about it,,,,

Sheet rock cut out and drying ,,,, carpet is out,,, hard wood flooring not buckling yet,,,,,, may make it with mold treatment/sanding and refinish,,,,

It;s a pretty big mess but I will figure it out
Using vinegar can go along wayas a disinfectant. And I'm not required to have flood insurance but have beem thinking about it strongly as I'm about 2 miles from a river here. We have flood wall and stuff but one of these days it ain't going to be enough.

We got some bad weather here in South Georgia starting early Monday morning. I worked the night shift on Sunday and I had to stop and saw down a tree to make it home Monday morning.

After the storm was over, I had a total of 6 trees down and 2 of those smashed my fence. I lost a few shingles on the house too.

I was without power for 107 hours and I finally got it back on this afternoon. A generator made things bearable for Mrs PissRev and Jr. It could have been much worse.

The upside to this is that I have a reason to run my saws instead of just cutting cookies.

6WNdVs.jpg

5_hZng.jpg
I like the dog photo bomb

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Your only 45 min from me im in davenport clermont area we had same around here lot of vig oaks down.tore up screen poll enclosers down privacy fences.scammers trying to sell generators and homeowners saws for w to e times what they oaid and are worth jist loook at orlando fl craigslist.my mother is widow on fixed income had t trees go down.w are leaning into one another dangerous and i cant do them as i am out with broken leg and torn rotator cuff from an injury.los of roof dammage around here too.we got power vack thurs.we should meet maybe sometime for a cup of coffee and talk saws.i actually postrd a buyer beware add in generator section of craigslist warning people to do homework before buying a generator.d bags i hate em.