Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
6:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is nice!

I just need to figure out how to avoid getting ripped off.. aren't diamonds certified or something?

Joe, get yourself a sitter for a week and take mama on a caribbean cruise.

When you go to one of the islands spend the day in the multiple jewelry stores that the cruise lines endorse. The amount of money that you will save on a ring down there will cover the cost of the entire vacation and you will still have saved money by the time you get home.

We took a cruise for our 10th in 2015. Lisa found a anniversary band that she decided that needed to come home with her. It was under $600.
When we got home she took her her rings in to get soldered together and get them re arodiumed and she found one almost identical to what we got down south. It was just under $1500 and you still had to pay tax.

1 1/2 years later her engagement and wedding ring are starting to turn gold and the one we got down south still looks new. The quality was actually better on the one we got on the trip.

10 years prior I paid almost $5000 for her set (I'd hate to know what it would cost now). But we found a set very equivalent down there for $2500)

I guess it's quite common for folks looking for jewelry and high end watches to take a cruise. They get their jewelry and a vacation and end up saving money in the end.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

When you go to one of the islands spend the day in the multiple jewelry stores that the cruise lines endorse. The amount of money that you will save on a ring down there will cover the cost of the entire vacation and you will still have saved money by the time you get home.

We took a cruise for our 10th in 2015. Lisa found a anniversary band that she decided that needed to come home with her. It was under $600.
When we got home she took her her rings in to get soldered together and get them re arodiumed and she found one almost identical to what we got down south. It was just under $1500 and you still had to pay tax.

1 1/2 years later her engagement and wedding ring are starting to turn gold and the one we got down south still looks new. The quality was actually better on the one we got on the trip.

10 years prior I paid almost $5000 for her set (I'd hate to know what it would cost now). But we found a set very equivalent down there for $2500)

I guess it's quite common for folks looking for jewelry and high end watches to take a cruise. They get their jewelry and a vacation and end up saving money in the end.

Sounds like a plan.

I'm still surprised you got on da boat...

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like a plan.

I'm still surprised you got on da boat...

I hate water, I hate crowds. I didn't want to go on a cruise at all, but she wanted to so I said why not.

It was by far the best vacation I have ever been on.

big t double

You can call me Teddy Eastwood.....
Local time
5:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score

hooray blood diamonds. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.