Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
10:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this coon was rabid or not. I'm curious if it's possible that it had rabies
Maybe contact your local DEC and tell them you think it had rabies and you neutralized the threat. They might not give to sharts or they might want to come pick it up and dispose of it..? Or they might tell you to dig a hole and burry it?

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe contact your local DEC and tell them you think it had rabies and you neutralized the threat. They might not give to sharts or they might want to come pick it up and dispose of it..? Or they might tell you to dig a hole and burry it?

I'll tell them I did everything to save it, I got pissed when it bit me after giving it mouth to mouth so I shot it

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
9:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone ever had experience with a animal that has rabies?

I showed up to our mill this morning and there was a coon laying in the middle of the barn on its side and doing circles.

I shot the thing and tossed it on the compost pile.

I was in the lunchroom at work when I read that and had to explain my laughter to 6 other people... Let me just say sometimes I am sad to live in Canada, no one here understood that it would be perfectly normal in this situation to be able to pull your carry piece and dispatch the critter with such ease...

I also find it amusing that no one has asked which piece and what type of load did you use?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How long will it take to clear out a path
Since about 11am. Just got done

It amazes me how sandy the soil is up north. When you get into the northern part of the Adirondacks the soil is mostly sand.

Here we have clay under the top soil and it stays muddy for months each spring.
It's about 50/50 here. A mile down the road is some of the worst clay I've ever seen

Good afternoon guys! Sure feels like it anyways...
I've been up since 3am plowing 1" that turned into 4"...
Tomorrow looks like another 4-8". I wish we were getting snow like Kevin...
No. No you dont. I plowed yesterday. I went out to get on the tractor and the snow was half way up my thighs. Not kidding

That's not a snow problem that's a crappy stock tire problem.

That being said with snow like that I would have stayed home...
She was on her way to work. I got out there to plow around the car and there was 28" in the road. County hadn't plowed yet. She ended up staying home.

Tires were brand new 2 weeks ago

I like da snow! Must have been in a lake effect band. I only got 4" last night, the edge of aa LE band just clipped us. 20-30 mins north had 36".

You need to get a snow blade on you busket, makes it easier. I'll have to get a pic of mine for you. Got your chains? I could use some.
I think we're dead center of a lake effect band. 28" in 24 hours.

Normally plowing snow is a non issue for me. I have a 9'-2" Boss V plow on my 02 2500 duramax. Something went to hell on the motor yesterday though

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was in the lunchroom at work when I read that and had to explain my laughter to 6 other people... Let me just say sometimes I am sad to live in Canada, no one here understood that it would be perfectly normal in this situation to be able to pull your carry piece and dispatch the critter with such ease...

I also find it amusing that no one has asked which piece and what type of load did you use?

Just my G19 that always stays in the truck. I'm a cheap ass Dutch bastard and wasn't going to waste my carry ammo in my G23 that I carry on a sick coon

Not sure on the ammo, it's whatever is in the ammo can in my truck. FMJ of some sort.

The AR that's in the back seat would have been overkill:D

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That sucks. I can set my clocks by my county plow. First pass is at 4:30AM, 15 minutes later he goes by in the other direction. Second pass is at 6:30AM, right as I'm about to leave.
Where are you? You must be around the great lakes if you're in a lake effect band lol

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm about done with the snow for the season. Bring on spring! But...if we have to get snow bring on the deep stuff!
Bite your tongue sir. Deep snow means I'm hunting on snow shoes. I can do it but it ain't pretty. [emoji13]

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Where are you? You must be around the great lakes if you're in a lake effect band lol
Near the lower Tug Hill area of NY. Next chance I get I will show you my plow setup. I have an old 7' straight blade Fisher plow. I drilled 4 holes in the bucket and bolted the plow side frame straight to it.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bite your tongue sir. Deep snow means I'm hunting on snow shoes. I can do it but it ain't pretty. [emoji13]
Sorry! Life can't always be easy! Lol! Would love to see pics of hunting wabbits in snow shoes on top of 28" of snow!

Last edited:

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Near the lower Tug Hill area of NY. Next chance I get I will show you my plow setup. I have an old 7' straight blade Fisher plow. I drilled 4 holes in the bucket and bolted the plow side frame straight to it.
Oh you get plenty of snow then. I know a lot of guys that go up there to ride their sleds.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry! Life can't always be easy! Would love to see pics of hunting wabbits in snow shoes on top of 28" of snow!
It's not too bad if there's a snow pack and the dogs can stay on top. My first experience hunting on snow shoes was pretty interesting. Used muh gun fer a walking stick most of the day. Those New York boys got a good laugh that day but I brought home a couple bunnies.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's not too bad if there's a snow pack and the dogs can stay on top. My first experience hunting on snow shoes was pretty interesting. Used muh gun fer a walking stick most of the day. Those New York boys got a good laugh that day but I brought home a couple bunnies.
Nice! I'm hoping to get in the stand with my bow and snow on the ground!

Status
Not open for further replies.