Meh...
Local time
4:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 46851

My job for the next few days......

We've got a natural gas well on the farm and the gas company just informed us that they are going to pull it. That means no natural gas for us anymore and we need to switch to propane....

Dad bought 5 skids of insulation and I've gotta blow it all in:(
Unlike.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
4:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
around here you can offer to buy the well from the companies when they feel its not producing enough and they want to cap it off

We call it a well, I guess it's actually not a well head.

We live on top of storage fields
Across the street from me is a compressor station that gets gas from around the country and then pumps it in the fields for storage. Then this time of year they pump out of the fields for distribution.

My folks have free gas in their house for life as reimbursement. Consumers has been trying to get out of the contracts for years, but the lawyers who wrote them up in the 50's made the contracts bullet proof.

So, between EPA regulations and Consumers wanting to get out of their contracts (say $250 a month in free gas) are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to pull a ton of wells in our area over the next year....

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
3:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 46851

My job for the next few days......

We've got a natural gas well on the farm and the gas company just informed us that they are going to pull it. That means no natural gas for us anymore and we need to switch to propane....

Dad bought 5 skids of insulation and I've gotta blow it all in:(

We call it a well, I guess it's actually not a well head.

We live on top of storage fields
Across the street from me is a compressor station that gets gas from around the country and then pumps it in the fields for storage. Then this time of year they pump out of the fields for distribution.

My folks have free gas in their house for life as reimbursement. Consumers has been trying to get out of the contracts for years, but the lawyers who wrote them up in the 50's made the contracts bullet proof.

So, between EPA regulations and Consumers wanting to get out of their contracts (say $250 a month in free gas) are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to pull a ton of wells in our area over the next year....
THIS SOUNDS ALL FD UP! So are they shutting down the storage field ? And they probably have more leak out in a day than you use all month

Status
Not open for further replies.