huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
2:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I posted this over in the Firewood thread and thought I would post it here with a little more traffic. I have a Northern Tool log splitter. It was my Dads and we have split a lot of wood with this thing. My Dad no longer "needed" it so I bought it, negotiated price $300. After paying the first $100.00 he said "just take it and take care of it". This weekend I changed the hydraulic oil and the filter. It works real nice except the auto return. It will automatically start to return but sometimes it kicks out randomly. What do I need to do to fix this?View attachment 141704 View attachment 141705
@Homemade
Any way you might be able to help with Woodrow's question about the lever detent?

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
e98649ac72fac09e354cea7a01645f54.jpg

The bolt the arrow is pointing to should be the way to set the kick out pressure. Should be held in place with a jamb nut. Turn it in 1/2 turn or so until it holds. If you turn it too far in, it won’t kick out when the cylinder bottoms out on return.

Make all adjustments when the oil is warm.

Woodrow

Reynolds Crane - Home of Ported and Polished Saws
Local time
1:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you! I will try it when I get up there this weekend.
e98649ac72fac09e354cea7a01645f54.jpg

The bolt the arrow is pointing to should be the way to set the kick out pressure. Should be held in place with a jamb nut. Turn it in 1/2 turn or so until it holds. If you turn it too far in, it won’t kick out when the cylinder bottoms out on return.

Make all adjustments when the oil is warm.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Didn’t you get enough at Kevin’s. 3 pounds I think Kevin said. I hope I don’t get to that point after I turn 40

Youngin like you probably does those energy drink things... Redbull, Monster etc. Coffee is the original and only truly natural energy drink.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Youngin like you probably does those energy drink things... Redbull, Monster etc. Coffee is the original and only truly natural energy drink.

I do enjoy a monster once in a while but tired of the cost of them. I only drink 2 12oz cans of pop a day and then it’s mainly water or lemonade for me. Earlier this summer I even restocked the beer fridge and out of the 2 cases I bet I’ve only had a dozen.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
9:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do enjoy a monster once in a while but tired of the cost of them. I only drink 2 12oz cans of pop a day and then it’s mainly water or lemonade for me. Earlier this summer I even restocked the beer fridge and out of the 2 cases I bet I’ve only had a dozen.

Coffee is life...no sugar, no milk, no creamer, jussss coffee. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.