OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
6:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay guys, I need some advice.

I need a pressure washer, what should I buy? Have about 2000 sq ft of wood decking and another 1000 of interlocking stone plus the other usual stuff.

I chatted with @Jon1212 about the Generac Speedwash and they look cats ass to me but not available locally at all, would have to buy off Amazon or HD and would really prefer to support the local guys.

@Onan18 Joe you also work with this stuff all the time. Any recommendations?

Whatever you buy you need to get something that you can buy service parts for. A lot of the "Brand X" pressure washers with the generic Honda clones on them you cannot easily get parts as simple as an air filter. For this reason I recommend whatever you buy have either a real Honda, Briggs, or a Kohler engine. If you can afford it try to get one that either has a CAT, General, or Comet pump. Excel pumps are decent but the others are better IMO. Bear in mind that all out pressure is not as important as the Gallon Per Minute (GPM) rating. A pump that is good for 3000 PSI at 1.8 GPM is useless compared to one that is 2750 PSI at 2.5 GPM. If I were in the market for a new pressure washer to do what you are looking at I would want a Honda GX engine and at least a 2.5 GPM pump, 2.8 or 3.0 would be better. The Echo Bear Cat is a good option, also I would look real hard at a Simpson. If you get anything in this range it is probably going to be north of $800.00 so be ready for that.

My best advice is to find a local dealer for something and see what he has.

Woodrow

Reynolds Crane - Home of Ported and Polished Saws
Local time
5:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well fellas, the boys did it tonight! They are the Little League Wisconsin District 4 Champions! Now onto the State Tournament. We will play 7 games in 7 days starting Saturday in Wausau! Good thing my cabin is about half way, it will save a few nights hotel depending on the schedule.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
3:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well fellas, the boys did it tonight! They are the Little League Wisconsin District 4 Champions! Now onto the State Tournament. We will play 7 games in 7 days starting Saturday in Wausau! Good thing my cabin is about half way, it will save a few nights hotel depending on the schedule.
Congrats that is great.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...excellent!

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whatever you buy you need to get something that you can buy service parts for. A lot of the "Brand X" pressure washers with the generic Honda clones on them you cannot easily get parts as simple as an air filter. For this reason I recommend whatever you buy have either a real Honda, Briggs, or a Kohler engine. If you can afford it try to get one that either has a CAT, General, or Comet pump. Excel pumps are decent but the others are better IMO. Bear in mind that all out pressure is not as important as the Gallon Per Minute (GPM) rating. A pump that is good for 3000 PSI at 1.8 GPM is useless compared to one that is 2750 PSI at 2.5 GPM. If I were in the market for a new pressure washer to do what you are looking at I would want a Honda GX engine and at least a 2.5 GPM pump, 2.8 or 3.0 would be better. The Echo Bear Cat is a good option, also I would look real hard at a Simpson. If you get anything in this range it is probably going to be north of $800.00 so be ready for that.

My best advice is to find a local dealer for something and see what he has.

Thanks Joe. The biggest issue I am having is the fact that few local OPE dealers seem to want to carry any. Only dealer that has anything on the floor is the Stihl dealer...

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Joe. The biggest issue I am having is the fact that few local OPE dealers seem to want to carry any. Only dealer that has anything on the floor is the Stihl dealer...

That bites, come on down to GA. I will be happy to hook you up with a Bear Cat. Plus it will be a good excuse for us to pickle our livers. :D

Time's Standing Stihl

Below me...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's awesome! Time to celebrate!

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@GCJenks204 I got a couple with Honda's on them. The first one bought back in the 90's powerwash a ton of houses with it upgraded the pump on it . The gc160 is on the Harbor frieght splitter Its hooked up to a concentric pump and a prince valve.Its as close to an American made Brave 20 ton two way it can get. I bought a Brute off the shelf from Menards back about 8 years ago got a gc160 thinking the still sell them for around three bills. I bought thinking there was a problem other but there was just not enough pressure at the job was all.
020665_BRU_3100_LEFT.jpg
It sits with pump saver in it during the off season

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Where are they playing at?
Maybe I'll swing by.

Status
Not open for further replies.