Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
6:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do yourself a favor and just tear into the front of that motor. Preventative maintenance!! Get a quality timing chain kit (preferably one with metal slack adjusters) and a Melling M360 oil pump. The stock oil pumps tend to flex and dump oil back into the pan causing less than optimal oil pressure. Do a trans service as well, and ensure you use an OEM trans filter. The 6R60 is doted as non-serviceable but its super easy to drop the pan yourself. I added a drain plug to the pan to make it easier for future trans fluid changes. Pretty sure you are already aware of the spark plug issues, but those are easy with some patience.

Good score!

They where still having that spark plug issue in 08? Oh ffs.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
7:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning folks...that pneumonia took a turn for the worse Sunday. Was feeling pretty good while at work last Fri and Sat, then the bottom fell out. Was taking my antibiotics, steroids, had a couple of shots, etc. Been in the hospital since yesterday, my left lung is full of fluid but coming down...they’ll have to drain my lung if it doesn’t come down by tomorrow. This has been a rough damn ride.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning folks...that pneumonia took a turn for the worse Sunday. Was feeling pretty good while at work last Fri and Sat, then the bottom fell out. Was taking my antibiotics, steroids, had a couple of shots, etc. Been in the hospital since yesterday, my left lung is full of fluid but coming down...they’ll have to drain my lung if it doesn’t come down by tomorrow. This has been a rough damn ride.

Damn, bro. Hope you feel better!

Been there, done that. Bi-lateral pneumonia with less than 70% use of both lungs. Keep the spirit up, keep fighting it, have some one sneak you in some REAL food none of that Sodexo crap and terrorize those cutie nurses!! Ask for a sponge bath no less than 3 times a day...... you will be feeling better in no time!

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Damn, sucks to hear this for ya, bring out your inner Marine and fight the hell out of it and don't back off even when it does, it's a sneak attack waiting to happen.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I hate to say "I told you so" so I won't. Listen to what the DRs are telling you and get your ass better. Take it easy for a while as full recovery will take some time.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

GWS.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe 08 was the last year of those issues. If its an ‘08 model year truck it may have an ‘07 engine. Regardless, cheap-insurance-preventative-maintenance to change them now just in case.

Fo sho on the plugs. That's my usual course of action when I get a vehicle. And plug wires and brakes and a tires some windshield wipers lol.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Take it easy man
Old *f-worder like you will take a while to recover
87 year old neighbor took 2 weeks
To get back on his feet.
Gws7e593aa41badfbad6776414407c3d66d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.