Not open for further replies.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
7:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some people want to enjoy the site and this thread itself runs great until the *f-wordtards start trolling it for no reason. If you expect us to just ignore it all the time you are mistaken.

You may not like this Dave but this is exactly what you should do. I belong to a few different forums and whether is it CFL Football, Saws, Single Serve Coffee or any of the car forums I have been on trolls will always exist. The more you react to them the more then come back. If you ban them they create new personas and come back again and again. They best thing for you, me, Randy and the site as a whole is to just ignore them. Call them out when they are being a bish and move on.

Think of this site in the beginning was it Nathan with a dozen different profiles stirring things up where ever he could? He still comes back now on occasion and doesn't get the reaction he wants so goes away again.

Think of them as a politician... they will do anything to get your attention but if you ignore them they go away. Same thing as certain religious groups that go door to door, invite them in to tell them they are wrong and you just lost half a day and they are ecstatic, no one has changed their mind but you are annoyed and they are happy. Better to just say no thank you and close the door...

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just don't let the smoke out

Bad news, boss did a change up, citing bad weather today, so did a very small(I'm done already for the day) insulation job this morning instead. So no helmets were donned and no sparks flew, and no smoke to let out. Tomorrow I'm told is the day now. :(

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some people want to enjoy the site and this thread itself runs great until the *f-wordtards start trolling it for no reason. If you expect us to just ignore it all the time you are mistaken.

No. It doesn't run great all the time. Did you forget the Dallas and Jason drama?

The thing is, nothing will ever be peachy day after day.

Expecting me to ban everyone that pisses someone off is sorta unrealistic.

Take Fish for instance. He made some crazy posts on a Saturday night, on his birthday, and likely while having a few too many beers.

So, should we ban everyone that spouts off after a few brews?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The *f-wordtard trolling is getting old.

I look back though a guys older posts before deciding if they are just being a consistent dick. Most guys have added to the site in some way besides just trolling.

Those I have a wait and see attitude about.

I appreciate you guys just ignoring them when you can.....like Gary said, that's the best option when dealing with someone that's hoping to get a rise out of you.

If the trolling continues, I fully intend to ban a few folks.

Threatening members with real world violence is a bird of another color, even if it is just trolling for effect.

You may not like this Dave but this is exactly what you should do. I belong to a few different forums and whether is it CFL Football, Saws, Single Serve Coffee or any of the car forums I have been on trolls will always exist. The more you react to them the more then come back. If you ban them they create new personas and come back again and again. They best thing for you, me, Randy and the site as a whole is to just ignore them. Call them out when they are being a bish and move on.

Think of this site in the beginning was it Nathan with a dozen different profiles stirring things up where ever he could? He still comes back now on occasion and doesn't get the reaction he wants so goes away again.

Think of them as a politician... they will do anything to get your attention but if you ignore them they go away. Same thing as certain religious groups that go door to door, invite them in to tell them they are wrong and you just lost half a day and they are ecstatic, no one has changed their mind but you are annoyed and they are happy. Better to just say no thank you and close the door...

Interaction never works with a troll, unless you really know your trolls weak spot and can exploit it to the fullest then sit back and watch 'em explode. Not usually practical.

No. It doesn't run great all the time. Did you forget the Dallas and Jason drama?

Take Fish for instance. He made some crazy posts on a Saturday night, on his birthday, and likely while having a few too many beers.

Probably not, you would end up by yourself. Lol

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score

Pretty sure Jason got banned for that....

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If anyone wants to try moderating this site, just say the word. I can pull up my tent stakes and move on.

I'm tuning out for awhile at any rate.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If anyone wants to try moderating this site, just say the word. I can pull up my tent stakes and move on.

I don't think anyone wants to take your job here Randy.

Food for thought...
Maybe some junior mods with lesser powers than you and Jon could help take off some of the load. Let them be the bad cop with a days ban and you get to still be the good cop. Things get nipped in the bud right away and if it requires more serious attention then do your thing with the really big hammer.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I don't want it. Just wondering why the ones not causing problem have to ignore the ones who do? Let the criminal get away, don't defend yourself kinda thing.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
5:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think anyone wants to take your job here Randy.

Food for thought...
Maybe some junior mods with lesser powers than you and Jon could help take off some of the load. Let them be the bad cop with a days ban and you get to still be the good cop. Things get nipped in the bud right away and if it requires more serious attention then do your thing with the really big hammer.
+1 on this, I think it's a good idea. Once the azzholes get the idea it's not ok, it will slow down. Right now they think it's just fine to stir chit.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Yeah fug that. Do it your way I'll do it mine. That's what makes the world go around my friend

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
5:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't want it. Just wondering why the ones not causing problem have to ignore the ones who do? Let the criminal get away, don't defend yourself kinda thing.
That will only last so long, it's normal to stick up for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.