Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, went and took a ride on the motorcycle, in the rain, stopped and picked up a can of Copenhagen. I didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed, but rather fell out of it quickly after I got on here. Have a fresh pinch and a fresh cup of coffee and I feel a tad bit better.

I must have missed that.

There's not one single line I can point you to to help you see. When you are associated as an A-hole and a rip off artist just for using a different part on a saw than someone else does, it eventually gets to a guy. I build saws from loggers that are pretty junky. It's the only source for such saws and they need a lot of parts. I put them in the hands of the every day schmuck that cuts firewood to heat his home. He/She can't afford to go and buy a real Pro saw. So I provide them affordably in part by using AM parts where appropriate. I've done all I can to weed out the bad and use only the good as humanly possible and have the pile of rejects to prove it. Generally speaking saws go for what it takes to put in them, if they don't sell I give them away. It just kills me to be thought of poorly for doing what I do. I'm no Saint and I'm not perfect either, but I never ripped off not one single soul either, saws run good and folks are very happy. It gets hard to remember this at times over the noise over the OEM drum beaters at times, that have not even tried an AM part nor would they to see what it is, or what it will do. Yes OEM is THE standard, I buy lots of them as well, even if it means no profit or a loss. Sorry for the rant, but I needed it off the old chest so to speak.

IMG_20161011_151842_937.jpg

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn, that is filthy!

That is clean compared to a echo 520 I worked on few years ago. It was so bad the 3 bottom rows of fins on the cylinder were full of chit. Don't think it had ever been cleaned. I don't know how he didn't score it. I guess red armor is ok if that's what kept it from it.

Sent from Hoskvarna Hills

Manofstihl066

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
That is clean compared to a echo 520 I worked on few years ago. It was so bad the 3 bottom rows of fins on the cylinder were full of chit. Don't think it had ever been cleaned. I don't know how he didn't score it. I guess red armor is ok if that's what kept it from it.

Sent from Hoskvarna Hills
Red armor is all I've ever run, I think it's pretty good stuff. Man I have to blow my saws off and clean them up after using them. Wish I wasn't so particular about it, but I can't help it lol.

Cigmaker

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Red armor is all I've ever run, I think it's pretty good stuff. Man I have to blow my saws off and clean them up after using them. Wish I wasn't so particular about it, but I can't help it lol.

I'm in the same camp. Hell most times I sharpen the chain back while I'm cleaning them off. One thing about it when I go grab one she's ready to make chips though.

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a great picture Gary. Ice Cream makes a man happy. :)

Typical forum behaviour.

I became burned out on it years ago. I hoped this site could be better/different.

I need the site for my business, and I've made too many good friends through these forums to give up or give in.

Hang around.....we can get back on track.

Hopefully

This too shall pass.
Shut up an pass da icecream Boss [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, went and took a ride on the motorcycle, in the rain, stopped and picked up a can of Copenhagen. I didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed, but rather fell out of it quickly after I got on here. Have a fresh pinch and a fresh cup of coffee and I feel a tad bit better.

There's not one single line I can point you to to help you see. When you are associated as an A-hole and a rip off artist just for using a different part on a saw than someone else does, it eventually gets to a guy. I build saws from loggers that are pretty junky. It's the only source for such saws and they need a lot of parts. I put them in the hands of the every day schmuck that cuts firewood to heat his home. He/She can't afford to go and buy a real Pro saw. So I provide them affordably in part by using AM parts where appropriate. I've done all I can to weed out the bad and use only the good as humanly possible and have the pile of rejects to prove it. Generally speaking saws go for what it takes to put in them, if they don't sell I give them away. It just kills me to be thought of poorly for doing what I do. I'm no Saint and I'm not perfect either, but I never ripped off not one single soul either, saws run good and folks are very happy. It gets hard to remember this at times over the noise over the OEM drum beaters at times, that have not even tried an AM part nor would they to see what it is, or what it will do. Yes OEM is THE standard, I buy lots of them as well, even if it means no profit or a loss. Sorry for the rant, but I needed it off the old chest so to speak.

View attachment 85524
Same here if they want oem part's that's what they get i tell them the cost difference up front.
But 90% of the time i'm saving the saw's from being thrown away by using am part's all these failures i hear about online i haven't seen in using am cylinder kits pistons and rings etc. I do check and clean the cylinders when needed.
Out of dozens of am carbs 2 were junk.
The people i fix saw's for cannot buy a new saw on a whim fixed income or retired many of them.
Helping my friend with these mule's he fixed the one with the excellent top on it someone made by hand.
Fuel system problem on the other.
Bella likes to ride. 20170827_124141.jpg 20170827_121010.jpg 20170827_120012.jpg 20170827_124803.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.