7:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok guys ,i have some technical ????
Messin with 031av with points.
Converted to nova 2 electronic.
I have spark and fuel but wont run.
Have been told wont work need different flywheel ?
So where does the flywheel need to be for timing with piston TDC ? As far as pickup on flywheel in relation to coil?
If they are different ,points vrs electronic, then I could take off key and position where I need it correct?

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
8:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Dinners up..
aa17e0886fe9f1b434ba0f40558c6e84.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
5:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a couple square chains but didn't want to mess them up. The one I was practicing on was a stihl square chain and cannot figure out the angle
Hold the file to where it's touching on one of your good square chains. Then look at those angles, and try it on the chain your working on.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok guys ,i have some technical ????
Messin with 031av with points.
Converted to nova 2 electronic.
I have spark and fuel but wont run.
Have been told wont work need different flywheel ?
So where does the flywheel need to be for timing with piston TDC ? As far as pickup on flywheel in relation to coil?
If they are different ,points vrs electronic, then I could take off key and position where I need it correct?

You should NOT need a new flywheel. Has to fire in the same place whether points or a module are doing the job. If you convert to a modern Stihl modulated coil then you MAY have to change the flywheel. Not with the NOVA II. You say you have spark, but do you have good spark? By this I mean will it jump an air gap of say 5mm and be a bright blue color and snap right across? If not the problem is most likely a weakened coil. One other thing make sure the ground from the module is being grounded out at the coil, not somewhere else on the motor.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
5:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You should NOT need a new flywheel. Has to fire in the same place whether points or a module are doing the job. If you convert to a modern Stihl modulated coil then you MAY have to change the flywheel. Not with the NOVA II. You say you have spark, but do you have good spark? By this I mean will it jump an air gap of say 5mm and be a bright blue color and snap right across? If not the problem is most likely a weakened coil. One other thing make sure the ground from the module is being grounded out at the coil, not somewhere else on the motor.
Good evening Steve, how have you been doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.