USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
7:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_2578.JPG Old friend of mine dropped by, gave two saws today. Husky 445 X-Torq, and a Poulan 2025. Said the Husky wouldn't cut wood worth a chit, the clutch was locked up, so he shelved it. F'ng Brake handle was forward concerning the 'clutch' deal, and the damn chain was on backwards.

The 2025, he replaced a couple of small fuel lines that were brittle, rebuilt the carb, actually gave me the old diaphragms, etc, old fuel line, in a ziploc. I'll check it out tomorrow at some point. The service manual, etc is all in the case.

In the meantime, he went and bought another new chainsaw. I understand you boys thought process on this...he ain't got no business with a chainsaw. I understand that. The 445 runs like a champ, fired off in two pulls after choke. The Poulan 2025 I haven't looked at yet. Maybe tomorrow, backtrack what he did to it. Primer bulb won't prime so I know that's a good starting point.

Looking to me like a couple of raffle saws, gimmee saws for somebody who needs a saw, maybe an elderly friend of someone here, when it comes down to it. I asked my buddy if I got them running and he wanted them back...he just shook his head and said 'naw, I'm good.' I've got a couple of 445's, ain't got no Poo-lans, but like I said, might make a decent gift for someone who needs a saw to get them through a cold winter. Ain't interested in giving them away to no one with a saw list from hell. You don't need this chicken chit...but if you know someone who needs to stay warm through the winter, struggles, that's a different story all together.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 74472 Old friend of mine dropped by, gave two saws today. Husky 445 X-Torq, and a Poulan 2025. Said the Husky wouldn't cut wood worth a chit, the clutch was locked up, so he shelved it. F'ng Brake handle was forward concerning the 'clutch' deal, and the damn chain was on backwards.

The 2025, he replaced a couple of small fuel lines that were brittle, rebuilt the carb, actually gave me the old diaphragms, etc, old fuel line, in a ziploc. I'll check it out tomorrow at some point. The service manual, etc is all in the case.

In the meantime, he went and bought another new chainsaw. I understand you boys thought process on this...he ain't got no business with a chainsaw. I understand that. The 445 runs like a champ, fired off in two pulls after choke. The Poulan 2025 I haven't looked at yet. Maybe tomorrow, backtrack what he did to it. Primer bulb won't prime so I know that's a good starting point.

Looking to me like a couple of raffle saws, gimmee saws for somebody who needs a saw, maybe an elderly friend of someone here, when it comes down to it. I asked my buddy if I got them running and he wanted them back...he just shook his head and said 'naw, I'm good.' I've got a couple of 445's, ain't got no Poo-lans, but like I said, might make a decent gift for someone who needs a saw to get them through a cold winter. Ain't interested in giving them away to no one with a saw list from hell. You don't need this chicken chit...but if you know someone who needs to stay warm through the winter, struggles, that's a different story all together.
That's good of you Jason. There's always someone in need.

How you doing tonight?

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those 445 ' s are good saws
I got two of 'em Dave...I've ran the dog chit outta both of 'em. They ain't never let me down one time pulling an 18" bar. Never! They ain't the fastest cutting machines, but they damn sure get it done!

Last edited:

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's good of you Jason. There's always someone in need.

How you doing tonight?
I'm doing good my man...kicking back watching a REO Speedwagon/Chicago concert when they played at Red Rocks in Colorado. That's a helluva stage they laid out in those hills...nothing but rolling hillsides, etc all around that place, out in nature and the open. I ain't never been there, but they put on one helluva concert. I'm watching it AXStv channel. One of the finest concerts I've ever watched. And I've been to many rock and roll concerts.

Status
Not open for further replies.