Not open for further replies.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
11:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can still remember as if it were yesterday my Dad talking to me after I made a mistake when I was just a little duffer, and was taking it pretty hard being called out on it. He said "Son, it's OK to make mistakes once in a while, that way you can tell you're doing something. Now if you keep repeating that same mistake over and over, that's when you become just another dummy."

My Skipper on a Salmon boat up in Alaska(best fisherman in the whole fleet) "We've made every kind of F-up on this boat there is to be made, to the point, they're not even F-ups any more, rather standard procedure." Meaning we'll get through this.

My current employer, "I don't care that you made a mistake, I only care that it gets fixed right in the end."

My old crane employer, "It's OK to F-up, just only F-up what I can afford."

Millwright employer out in Oregon, "If you don't screw up once in a while, you ain't doing a damn thing."

There's others I'm sure that I can't recall at the moment, but think you get the idea. None of us is perfect, we all make mistakes, and I've made my share, the only thing is what we do afterwords that counts. Good job Randy with your excellent example of what to do. I find it may not be the easiest at first, but is darn well sure is the easiest in the end.

Steve it would appear that you have known some really wise men in your day. We all need the reminder that you and @Mastermind gave us today. It's okay to F stuff up, it's how you handle it when it happens that really matters.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
11:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
nice flat field lol close tot he house ?

About a mile away from the house....

You can send all your current collection my way.. please add sticker first.

Well.......I do need a few saws. You know....I might wanna cut stuff and all...

Status
Not open for further replies.