High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
3:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I can still remember as if it were yesterday my Dad talking to me after I made a mistake when I was just a little duffer, and was taking it pretty hard being called out on it. He said "Son, it's OK to make mistakes once in a while, that way you can tell you're doing something. Now if you keep repeating that same mistake over and over, that's when you become just another dummy."

My Skipper on a Salmon boat up in Alaska(best fisherman in the whole fleet) "We've made every kind of F-up on this boat there is to be made, to the point, they're not even F-ups any more, rather standard procedure." Meaning we'll get through this.

My current employer, "I don't care that you made a mistake, I only care that it gets fixed right in the end."

My old crane employer, "It's OK to F-up, just only F-up what I can afford."

Millwright employer out in Oregon, "If you don't screw up once in a while, you ain't doing a damn thing."

There's others I'm sure that I can't recall at the moment, but think you get the idea. None of us is perfect, we all make mistakes, and I've made my share, the only thing is what we do afterwords that counts. Good job Randy with your excellent example of what to do. I find it may not be the easiest at first, but is darn well sure is the easiest in the end.
I have found that I am my worst critic when it comes to mistakes I have made,nobody can beat you up worse than yourself. Admit it don't dwell on it (which I struggle with) and move on.....

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
morning dave hows you and the outage going

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
4:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have found that I am my worst critic when it comes to mistakes I have made,nobody can beat you up worse than yourself. Admit it don't dwell on it (which I struggle with) and move on.....
We all our own worst critic when it comes down to it..have lived my life being mine. But as has been mentioned...don't dwell on it, right the wrong, learn from the mistakes, and move forward.

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
3:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Good morning Matt how are you today :icon_cafe:
Pretty fair, hope all is well with you and yours this evening Todd, if I'm not mistaken. I am terrible with names, I need to make a cheat sheet to keep up with everyone. I struggle with all the birthdays and anniversaries in my family so remembering the name's of 3000 of my closest friends across the world is gonna be a test...
PS. Do your toilets really flush backwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.