Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
1:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put something simple together wrong on one of @hseII 's saws a few days ago. I feel terrible about my slackness.......I gotta be more careful......

It happens, with age comes wisdom and the inability to do anything with it at times. All we can do is fix it and move forward again.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
doin ok for a beeeeaautiful tuesday and im workins

Enjoy it just the same. It's wonderful weather wise here as well, just saw a Doe with a brand new fawn in tow go through the yard. I always like seeing 'em when they're just little fellers like that.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was easily corrected & did not cause issue: plus, my tailgate will never ever rust now.

It's Cool, but it's also Cool you were man enough to admit it.

I think it's important to acknowledge our mistakes in public. It let's everyone see that we are all capable of messing stuff up. It also helps those same folks see that it's ok to admit that we are far from perfect.

I'm just glad it wasn't something that caused damage........and I'm also glad that Tim could fix it for you. He's a sharp feller.....and a great dude.

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
2:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it's important to acknowledge our mistakes in public. It let's everyone see that we are all capable of messing stuff up. It also helps those same folks see that it's ok to admit that we are far from perfect.

I'm just glad it wasn't something that caused damage........and I'm also glad that Tim could fix it for you. He's a sharp feller.....and a great dude.
sheeeeeeeiit. i thought you was perfect, Boss :yikes:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
sheeeeeeeiit. i thought you was perfect, Boss :yikes:

LOL

Far from it Ro-did-knee.

I ripped a hole in the fuel line on this 241 I'm putting together. Did that taking it apart. Turns out there was an updated fuel line assembly for this saw........so it wasn't a bad thing after all. The customer got upgraded stuff, and I got a dose of humility. lol

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
randy does the 261 have the same updated stuff?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can still remember as if it were yesterday my Dad talking to me after I made a mistake when I was just a little duffer, and was taking it pretty hard being called out on it. He said "Son, it's OK to make mistakes once in a while, that way you can tell you're doing something. Now if you keep repeating that same mistake over and over, that's when you become just another dummy."

My Skipper on a Salmon boat up in Alaska(best fisherman in the whole fleet) "We've made every kind of F-up on this boat there is to be made, to the point, they're not even F-ups any more, rather standard procedure." Meaning we'll get through this.

My current employer, "I don't care that you made a mistake, I only care that it gets fixed right in the end."

My old crane employer, "It's OK to F-up, just only F-up what I can afford."

Millwright employer out in Oregon, "If you don't screw up once in a while, you ain't doing a damn thing."

There's others I'm sure that I can't recall at the moment, but think you get the idea. None of us is perfect, we all make mistakes, and I've made my share, the only thing is what we do afterwords that counts. Good job Randy with your excellent example of what to do. I find it may not be the easiest at first, but is darn well sure is the easiest in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.