Status
Not open for further replies.

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Mystery sausage I found in the freezer. Don't know where or who it came from but I'll eat it. [emoji4]
72a44629cb51a618f7a19ff8113faa49.jpg

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
12:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
when my work was good in 2006 i worked from mid jan to first of june 10 and 12 hour days and only had 3 days off working 7 days a week in mike and my lines of work you get it while you can
Being just 2 guys you can get spread thin really quick.

Nobody can seem to keep a schedule.. Then that just screws up the next job. Best to schedule a buffer.

People must be getting tired of the big outfits, we have been getting quit a few calls for quotes..

Afternoon fellas.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do a few Steve...not down to the full case split but I look out for something that i know will be a looked for make and model. I take saws /trimmers and mowers in from customers if i think i can turn them around plus find them equipment they want. I dont have a big market locally so Ebay often for the saws or on to others i know in the trade. My operation is small compared to the OPE dealers within my patch so i dont need big amounts to keep going. It is a bit slower than I would like at present though. This kinda thing do well.

I know it's not always a big money maker repairing and selling saws, BUT it does give you a built in customer for repairs and looking for other equipment that you might not have had before. The repairs afterward is where some money can be made. So I like to keep some for sale if someone is looking. Gives me something to do this time of year as well.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I start Monday. Never been self employed but i guess I'm gonna learn. I'll be a sub cutting down and cutting the trees to big for the buncher.

Even if you don't make a lot of money right off, at least you'll be your own man.

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Even if you don't make a lot of money right off, at least you'll be your own man.
Ya know I'm not trying to get rich. I just want to make an honest living and have steady work. I've know this guy for a good number of years. He's always always always busy. Cuts pretty decent log timber and he is only 15 minutes from my house. The gig I was doing was 57 miles one way. So I was basically putting in 11 hours or so and getting paid for 8. What ever that chapter is over now. Never been on unemployment and i don't plan on it.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I know it's not always a big money maker repairing and selling saws, BUT it does give you a built in customer for repairs and looking for other equipment that you might not have had before. The repairs afterward is where some money can be made. So I like to keep some for sale if someone is looking. Gives me something to do this time of year as well.
Yup for sure. Sending them away all over the country from being bought on ebay cuts me out of the future work . I think the mower /Trimmer side accounts for 70% of my customer base so winter time that dies till spring . The volume of saws is lower, both sale and servicing even in the rural part i live in as there are way fewer folks who use saws as home owners doing firewood. Its more a gas/oil/electric powered place the UK....at least the grass needs mowing :D

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I start Monday. Never been self employed but i guess I'm gonna learn. I'll be a sub cutting down and cutting the trees to big for the buncher.

I've always been self employed, contract cut for many years before deciding to buy equipment and run my own show. Keep receipts for everything work related and get a good CPA. Congrats man! And good luck

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've always been self employed, contract cut for many years before deciding to buy equipment and run my own show. Keep receipts for everything work related and get a good CPA. Congrats man! And good luck
Should I start the first day with a good steep sloping back cut?

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup for sure. Sending them away all over the country from being bought on ebay cuts me out of the future work . I think the mower /Trimmer side accounts for 70% of my customer base so winter time that dies till spring . The volume of saws is lower, both sale and servicing even in the rural part i live in as there are way fewer folks who use saws as home owners doing firewood. Its more a gas/oil/electric powered place the UK....at least the grass needs mowing :D
Similar here i don't even try to sell saws too much trouble people bring me saws and brushcutters all the time the shop rates around me are 65.00 to 90.00 per hour on an older saw it's not feasible so i don't charge as much get plenty of work and it pays for my other saws chains oil tools etc. I order parts as needed for each machine.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Status
Not open for further replies.