Not So Pro 3

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
10:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning/ Evening All. Need to move quickly this morning, Thea needs a grooming and we’re going out for breakfast. The need to get my ass busy on getting the pool open and running for the season.

75f headed to 86 later, weather guessers can’t get the wet stuff right, was 60% overnight and could see it coming on the radar a bed time, missed us completely.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just trimmed some spare ribs and got them seasoned to sweat till noon and they will hit the smoker at 250 for a few hours. Trying a different method today so hopefully they turn out. Going to try and smoke some Mac and cheese as well.
Sounds amazing.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
weather guessers can’t get the wet stuff right, was 60% overnight and could see it coming on the radar a bed time, missed us completely.
Same has been happening at the homestead. The thunder and lighting gets close but the rain splits and goes around frequently. Only thing I can think of is the 8 - lane bridge over the Mississippi is disrupting the air currents, possibly adding a nice updraft that puts a separation in the clouds. A friend that flies has mentioned that he has noticed an higher wind velocity when going through that area.

Good mornin fellas. 71 now headed to 85 here again. Kids will probably swim again after church/lunch.
Do you get any relief (breeze and temp) from being somewhat close to the river valley, and possible hills/rock formations?

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same has been happening at the homestead. The thunder and lighting gets close but the rain splits and goes around frequently. Only thing I can think of is the 8 - lane bridge over the Mississippi is disrupting the air currents, possibly adding a nice updraft that puts a separation in the clouds. A friend that flies has mentioned that he has noticed an higher wind velocity when going through that area.

Do you get any relief (breeze and temp) from being somewhat close to the river valley, and possible hills/rock formations?
We have a local fire ban in place right now but did get absolutely drenched Friday afternoon just as we were trying to leave for the football game. Half inch in under a half hour but very localized, friends a mile away for nothing. Creek is so low in a few spots that there have been 3 boats grounded on sandbars that aren’t marked. The depth at the end of our dock is 2ft lower than the lowest point last summer.

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just trimmed some spare ribs and got them seasoned to sweat till noon and they will hit the smoker at 250 for a few hours. Trying a different method today so hopefully they turn out. Going to try and smoke some Mac and cheese as well.
What time will it be done. Lol
Sounds good

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We get some breeze here on the ridge, but sometimes the valleys are dead air. Temps do not fluctuate much until closer to sun down when you notice it driving along the hills in and out of the coulees.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Made it up to 88f this afternoon, severe thunderstorm watch has just been issued, still have a some outside work today but need to cool off a bit first.

Want to get another paddle in later but need to see what the sky does first.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
11:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning/ Evening All. Need to move quickly this morning, Thea needs a grooming and we’re going out for breakfast. The need to get my ass busy on getting the pool open and running for the season.

75f headed to 86 later, weather guessers can’t get the wet stuff right, was 60% overnight and could see it coming on the radar a bed time, missed us completely.
I opened ours last weekend. Been fighting green water since. It's coming around after three doses of shock and some algaecide.

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Afternoon pounders of puds.
Got the check valve to seal on the Coleman stove.
Does ok, but still a little sooty when turned up high.
View attachment 380363
There isn't like a ball of spider webs or anything in the air intake, is there? I seem to recall having to blow out my Coleman with compressed air last time I fired it up.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I opened ours last weekend. Been fighting green water since. It's coming around after three doses of shock and some algaecide.
When I pulled the cover off it actually looked better than our in ground used too. Will know in a couple days once I have some chemicals in it and circulating if I did enough closing up last year.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
11:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening fellas. Here's what I came up with today. First one is almost done, haven't even started number two. The lap joints are a very slow process but I wanted to make them as nice as possible. IMG_20230604_085006835.jpgIMG_20230604_085154354.jpgIMG_20230604_173116302.jpgThe old router started sounding sick after the first lap joint, limped through the second one then it was off to Lowe's for a replacement. They're not giving those things away but it should be the last one I need.