p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
6:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Built the engine in the one I had into a 1776. Put some fat tires on it. It was pretty stout and fun for a beetle.
They are a lot of fun to drive. I had a 73 when I was in high school. I still feel sorry for that car lol. 1776 is a good motor for sure.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Moving forward on the rebuild of the 351 in my old F350. Found a pretty good price on an aluminum intake from Jegs.....got the cam and lifters from them too. The block, crank, and heads are off to the machine shop next week.
Windsor motor? How are you doing Randy?

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
People like that really suck to deal with. I've had a few instances just like that. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth for sure.
Sadly I deal with this pretty regularly. I'm inclined to expect folks to be straight and would have said "sure no problem" before being burned several times. Now I CYA and said "sure but it may cost more." These people live in 500k houses and make 200k plus a year and they're going to try and sneak extra work in... Just makes me sorry for the state of mind these peeps are in.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sadly I deal with this pretty regularly. I'm inclined to expect folks to be straight and would have said "sure no problem" before being burned several times. Now I CYA and said "sure but it may cost more." These people live in 500k houses and make 200k plus a year and they're going to try and sneak extra work in... Just makes me sorry for the state of mind these peeps are in.
Yep exactly and they really have no excuse for trying that bs. Just like you said be honest from the get go.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are a lot of fun to drive. I had a 73 when I was in high school. I still feel sorry for that car lol. 1776 is a good motor for sure.
Wanted to put a baja kit on it in the worst way, but could never save enough to do it. It was always fix the brakes lines, floor pans, shocks, tires/rims etc.

Ended up selling it. Kinda regret it.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wanted to put a baja kit on it in the worst way, but could never save enough to do it. It was always fix the brakes lines, floor pans, shocks, tires/rims etc.

Ended up selling it. Kinda regret it.
I've always wanted a Myers Manx dune buggy. Now they are hard to find and pricey. I treated my 73 like a baja lol. That poor car was clapped out by the time I was 17.

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The richer you are the cheaper you are! Those people are usually the ones crying broke all the time as well

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've always wanted a Myers Manx dune buggy. Now they are hard to find and pricey. I treated my 73 like a baja lol. That poor car was clapped out by the time I was 17.
I did the same with mine. Power sliding (pretending to dirt track race it) in my parents field. And hooning the living daylights out of it on 2 track logging trails.

My fil just got rid of an old Meyers dune buggy a few years ago. I tried to talk him into building it into a sweet trail machine but he was having none of it. Traded it in on some stupid Chinese sxso_O we don't get along too gooder.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ive learned over the years people with money dont like spending it

The richer you are the cheaper you are! Those people are usually the ones crying broke all the time as well
exactly
i know a few of them and i tell them they are full of *s-word
one of my buddys is like that and bought a 2019 all terrain duramax in feb paid cash for it it was brand new

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya just gotta know how to talk to them and they pay through the nose... Good honest hard working folks I do good work for a price they can afford. Elitist a-holes who try to pull sneaky chit on me pay the Robin hood tax...

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya just gotta know how to talk to them and they pay through the nose... Good honest hard working folks I do good work for a price they can afford. Elitist a-holes who try to pull sneaky chit on me pay the Robin hood tax...
I dont play people's games anymore. I charge the same whether they're rich, poor or in-between. Add ons are extra. Idk what it is and how big or small. Things cost money, I eat food and need poop paper to wipe my ass just like the next guy

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did the same with mine. Power sliding (pretending to dirt track race it) in my parents field. And hooning the living daylights out of it on 2 track logging trails.

My fil just got rid of an old Meyers dune buggy a few years ago. I tried to talk him into building it into a sweet trail machine but he was having none of it. Traded it in on some stupid Chinese sxso_O we don't get along too gooder.
Damn too bad you couldn't have got the buggy.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
8:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did see her this morning, first time all week...

You really wouldn’t be able to see anything. Really all you can tell is that she’s nekkid and brushing her hair. Second story window, just a little too high to see anything good. Now the guy that lives across the street and works the nights shift... I can understand why he’s in such a hurry to get home...

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You really wouldn’t be able to see anything. Really all you can tell is that she’s nekkid and brushing her hair. Second story window, just a little too high to see anything good. Now the guy that lives across the street and works the nights shift... I can understand why he’s in such a hurry to get home...
Probably has remote start on his binoculars so they're warmed up and ready for creeping when he gets home